Ratings for Dr. German Blando

Saw Blando for a shoulder injury. He seemed to think I had a problem, ordered 2 sets of MRIs (one with contrast - they are supposed to take you right away after injection and I waited at least 20 minutes) only to have him say there's nothing wrong. I said "So, I just have to live with the pain?" He said, "It will go away in a couple of months." I said, "It's been 3 years." (Which I told him on first appointment but clearly he didn't check my file again before telling me sorry I can't help you). He said he could do an injection but where I'm so young he didn't think it was a good idea so I said no thanks and left. I had a hard time finding a surgeon willing to give a second opinion but finally did. I had surgery last week and am now pain free. Thanks for nothing Blando. Also relevant, he mumbles and has a very strong French accent (from France) which made him hard to understand since I'm hearing impaired. I have no issues with the accent but coupled with the mumbling and lack of eye contact it was pretty hard to hear him.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

On June 3,2017( my son was referred to see Dr. Blando for a possible ACL or meniscus tear) we went in to see Dr. Blando , we arrived at 10 am for a 10:30 appointment. We waited two hours to see the doctor and when we finally did, he came in the room without a doctors ID on and did not introduce himself to me. I had to ask him who he was! Then he showed no interest in looking At my sons knee. Just gave me a script for physio and said he'd order a MRI. I was left with nothing to go on for care , or any knowledge of what to do . It felt like a wasted trip and a complete waste of my time. Dr. Blando left me with nothing but confusion. I will not be returning to him!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

I did not want is surgery ,he did it anyway and now my shoulder is worst than ever.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Performed a simple arthroscopic knee surgery for menisci on me and I immediately suffered a DVT in my calf on the operating table. . The fact that I'd been on blood thinners for years was not adequately considered since I was told to stop taking them 4 days ahead of the operation ...

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Don't go there. Not a pro. Don't know what he is doing. Allez pas la. Aucun professionalism.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Horrible, horrible wait time. 10am appointment was not met until close to 2pm. He was cold and uncaring. Very little talking with me, and made me feel self conscious about why I was there in the first place.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

18 months ago, Dr Blando repaired my right shoulder that was causing me a lot of pain & kept me up at night. I have never had as much as a twitch in my shoulder since. My shoulder healed and today is 100% ... no recurring problems or pain. We are very fortunte to have such a skilled and professional surgeon in Moncton. Thank You Dr. Blando - Elsie Doucet

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

Excellent Dr tres professional Le service punctual

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

On July 16th my son broke his arm and needed a closed reduction, we arrived at 11:00 and Dr Blandon personally came to me and told me three times that he was going to do my sons surgery at 2:30 and at 2:00 my son started complaining of pain so the nurse called for something as nothing was ordered. 2:30 I ask again nurse told me he hasn't called back 3:30 I ask again nope the orthopedic surgeon on call isn't answering his phone or pages. By 5:00 my son is thirsty, hungry and dry heaving from all the pain, Dr Blando walks in apologizing for being late. Their was traffic and construction blah blah while my seven year old is in agony. He had one patient a child and he promised surgery at 2:30 and he went to his Office in Dieppe for the afternoon. And than my son now has a 15 degree deformity in his arm and he says it acceptable....one angry mother!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

My experience was awful. I had to wait almost 2 hours in the waiting room while others patients who came in almost 45 minutes after me were seen before me. I then asked if they forgot about me and they said no. Then when I finally saw the doctor he said only a few words and what he did say I barley understood and he was not very concerned that I couldn't understand him. If I had of known that he didn't speek enough English to be able to explain himself I would have brought someone that could have translated for me. Then after all the waiting and lack of communication I just left. I was visably upset and no one in that office cared!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015