Ratings for Dr. German Blando

Great doc doing my hand surgery soon staff are so kind and he's always on time .trys everything first before surgery but my hand just not getting better

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Malheureusement, même si c'est un bon chirurgien, il manque d'entregent avec ses patients. Avant de le consulter, il faut avoir sa liste de questions, car il ne vous donnera pas d'informations supplémentaires. Je me suis mal prise, et j'ai sorti de son bureau avec plus de questions que de réponses.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Had no personality whatsoever. Doesn't explain anything to you. Terribly rough...needs to loosing up and learn he is there to help people, not hinder.....

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Aucun professionnalisme et tres désagréable j'ai détesté cet homme il a été très impoli avec moi

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Broke wrist June 28, ER cast Thurs evening at Moncton Hospital. Saw Dr Blando, ortho surgeon on call at Dumont next morning. He called me in to cast room but took off in other direction and I stood there lost till he returned. No intro, no eye contact, very few words, Viewed xray from night before and directed cast guy to take a piece off cast by thumb. I asked about a sling and he said he would give me one and it seemed like I was annoying him. Come back in 10 days, then 6 - 8 weeks. Explained next visit would be remove cast, xray and then see him. Could take awhile. Returned to ER at Moncton Hospital next evening to have cast loosened arm swelling. Advised there to see surgeon within a week. Got to see him within a week. Colder approach and he simply said we will give you new cast an I asked about fiberglass one and it was yeh that is what we have. Cast guy more helpful than doctor. No xray done. No direction given . Returned in 8 weeks, extremely quick staff and was back to car in less than an hour. Xray and cast removed. He advised, well heeled, you can drive , don't use sling. I asked about physio and he said NO. MAYBE SOME EXERCISES LATER. Within a week I saw family doctor due to swelling and pain. She suggested cold packs and keep her advised. 2 weeks later attempted to return to her and 2 week wait time for appointment -see her next week. Contacted Blando's office regarding insurance form left on cast removal day and paid $40.00 to have filled out. Only got it day after calling in the fax. IMAGINE MY SHOCK WHEN FORM INDICATED I WAS TO HAVE PHYSIO AFTER CAST REMOVED. SO, I WAS ABLE TO GET PHYSIO APPT AT DAVIDSONS 2 DAYS LATER by my own inniative. He may be smart man --he did nothing for me . Needs to learn bedside manner. Very punctual and staff I dealt with were extremely good. If there had been no insurance form -when would I find out about therapy needed except by my own resources. Great faith in therapist to work me through to reuse of wrist.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2016

The time I spent in the hospital was well taken care of by Dr Blando . Four months after the knee replacement my flexibility was only 85/90. To him it was a success. To me the surgery was not a success because I have far too much pain , in the "back" of the knee., unable to flex further.As the surgeon I would think he would look into the cause, I feel he had no interest doing so. A year later I am still seeing a physio therapist, hoping to function , without pain.I do appreciated the care he did give me, however I wish he would have stayed the course.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Saw Blando for a shoulder injury. He seemed to think I had a problem, ordered 2 sets of MRIs (one with contrast - they are supposed to take you right away after injection and I waited at least 20 minutes) only to have him say there's nothing wrong. I said "So, I just have to live with the pain?" He said, "It will go away in a couple of months." I said, "It's been 3 years." (Which I told him on first appointment but clearly he didn't check my file again before telling me sorry I can't help you). He said he could do an injection but where I'm so young he didn't think it was a good idea so I said no thanks and left. I had a hard time finding a surgeon willing to give a second opinion but finally did. I had surgery last week and am now pain free. Thanks for nothing Blando. Also relevant, he mumbles and has a very strong French accent (from France) which made him hard to understand since I'm hearing impaired. I have no issues with the accent but coupled with the mumbling and lack of eye contact it was pretty hard to hear him.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

On June 3,2017( my son was referred to see Dr. Blando for a possible ACL or meniscus tear) we went in to see Dr. Blando , we arrived at 10 am for a 10:30 appointment. We waited two hours to see the doctor and when we finally did, he came in the room without a doctors ID on and did not introduce himself to me. I had to ask him who he was! Then he showed no interest in looking At my sons knee. Just gave me a script for physio and said he'd order a MRI. I was left with nothing to go on for care , or any knowledge of what to do . It felt like a wasted trip and a complete waste of my time. Dr. Blando left me with nothing but confusion. I will not be returning to him!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

I did not want is surgery ,he did it anyway and now my shoulder is worst than ever.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Performed a simple arthroscopic knee surgery for menisci on me and I immediately suffered a DVT in my calf on the operating table. . The fact that I'd been on blood thinners for years was not adequately considered since I was told to stop taking them 4 days ahead of the operation ...

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016