Ratings for Dr. Michael Lewis

I have been a patient of Dr. Lewis for 6 years. He is a very kind and caring GP, I never feel that I am taking up his time. He always follows up with any issues and as far as his staff goes, I have had nothing but courtesy from all and if when I call, I don't get to speak with someone right away, I have always been called back the same day, often within an hour or so. If, occasionally, Dr. Lewis keeps me waiting, it is minimal wait time and he always apologizes, which a lot of doctors do not.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

I find the comment below about Dr. Lewis's receptionist hard to believe. His reception has called me back almost immediately, and has always considered their patients needs. Find it very odd that you never got a returned call within 24 hours, you probably didn't follow the prompts directly for his receptionist. I've sat there for over an hour and seen patients love and respect those girls and all they do for that office. You clearly have unrealistic expectations if you believe you should be prioritized over others and if your concern was urgent you should have called the urgent line. Simple!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Very poor reception. No one ever answers the phone and never been answered within 24 hours. Very had to make an appointment. They never bother the patient 's time and concerns. It's very very unfortunate for Dr. Lewis, he is very nice and quite informative.

Submitted April 19, 2016

I like him but he's always running behind so I always end up sitting in the waiting foom for a very long time.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

I haven't had any serious medical issues but when I have seen him for things he's been good. Doesn't over prescribe medications over overreact to issues and is honest and straightforward with diagnosis and advice.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr Lewis is the most attentive doctor I've had in Toronto. He is friendly and listens to your concerns. He has also been very through in dealing with all of my concerns going over and above the normal protocol. The office is moving soon so hopefully the front desk service improves.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

Dr. Lewis is good, but the person whop answers the phone and who you depend on to get an appointment, keep track of information, etc, is terrible. Her command of the english language isn't great, and results in a LOT of errors.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Lewis for about 1 1/2 years. I have found him to be very interested in my health, and my concerns. He is busy, but that is the way it is in our health care system. At the same time, he has taken time to address my concerns. His staff have helped my set up referral appointments, and have been overall very helpful. Happy to have an GP that I feel comfortable with.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

The doctor does not really care about his patients. Several months ago, I saw this doctor for a potentially serious problem. After barely ordering any tests, he promised he would schedule an appointment with a specialist for me. When I called to check about it a few weeks later, it turned out he didn't even file the paperwork with his assistant. After I saw Dr. Lewis again and explained the situation, he promised he would make a quick appointment for me. A few weeks later they called me to tell me that my appointment has been scheduled in 4 months. If you don't care about your health that this is an ideal doctor for you.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2010

Every time I've needed to see this doctor it's impossible to get a hold of him. No one ever answers the phone and my messages have never been answered within 24hours. I've never once been contacted for a follow up and never contacted about test results. It's unfortunate because I like him as a doctor, he seems nice and is quite informative.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010