You may also like

Rate Dr. Joseph Chan

Dr. Joseph Chan's Ratings

My mother has seen him three times, twice for hemorrhoids the 3rd time for a colonoscopy. I went with her to help translate and I was very impressed with his manner. I felt he actually listened to her ( she can be difficult to understand - even I don't understand her sometimes - and for all you potential haters - yes I speak with her daily so it is not due to a lack of communication ) and gave her the time to try and express what she was saying on every occasion she has seen him.

Her colonoscopy went well he reassured both her and I, before and after the procedure. I don't have any problems with his secretary, she is to the point but I have never found her rude. My mother actually cancelled and then rebooked the colonoscopy within the span of a week, and the secretary was understanding about it and followed up with me to inform me of the decision and without any attitude or rudeness. To me, this is good service, period.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2878166].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

i had a colonoscopy and was suppose to have hemmorroids treated at the same time. He informed me that the hospital does not have what is needed sterilized in time for the hemmorroid procedure. I was already on the operating room table when he told me this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2729773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2015

Horrible staff / admin - that's all I have to say. They know how good they are at their work. No need for me to point it out. I am very disappointed at such in-experienced admin staff that was hired to work there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][354053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2013

VERY knowledgeable doctor and willing to spend a lot of time with you to explain every detail of surgery with you; doesn't rush you out for his next patient. has an answer for every question you have and very nice/kind! one of the best doctors i've had :) his admin. staff/secretary: i personally don't have a problem with her, i thought she was very nice. she does things VERY fast and efficiently, which i like. i hate it when admin staff take their precious time to process your files. she is very straight forward, everytime you come, bring a healthcard and translator (if can't speak english). i have seen some patients who came WITHOUT a translator and requested to see the doctor and then tells you upfront to go home/doctor won't see you and some patients think they can bend the rules. i think thats the root of many of the problems/issues with her. but from my point of view, rules are rules and they are there for a reason! i never had a problem with her!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][354051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2012

Dr. Chan is a very nice gentleman. He arranged a very fast surgery for my father and surgery was very successful. I am so glad to have Dr. Chan to take care of my father. Many mank thanks to Dr. Chan!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][354052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

I have been with him for 10 years now. 2 surgeries later and I am now looking for a new doctor. He is rude and his administrative assistant, the main one at the front is so nasty all the time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][354054].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 8, 2012

He is a very nice, gentle and experience doctor. His secretary is also friendly and helpful. He arranged a very fast surgery for me because of my situation and the operation was very smooth. I highly recommend him to any patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][354050].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

Just so so. Dr. chan is kind but his treatment does not work well on me. His secretary is the most horrible woman I have ever met: she is always rude and unpatient to the patients...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][354049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2011

Dr Chan is my ideal doctor. Dr Chan as a person is patience,calm and very approachable. He explain in detail to dummy like me to learn my A,B,C related to my sickness and treatments. He diagnose the cause correctly and provide soultions where possoble with option. He monitors the progress/ treatment like a hawk. I feel very safe in his care for he is prudent and excercice due diligence. Above all he goes that extra mile to help. I am glad I was lucky to get his care

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][354048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

I HIGHLY recommend this doctor to anyone. He is very thorough and takes as long as necessary to make sure you COMPLETELY understand everything. I have had 2 surgeries by him so far and would choose him again if i ever needed it! (hopefully not). Also, his secretary is one of the most helpful and kind woman i have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I literally trust them with my life. Thanks! Courtney Florez

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][354047].votes_count ]]