Ratings for Dr. Michael I. Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs cured a nasty infection that had one of New Jersey's finest dermatologists and several hotshot infectious disease doctors stumped. They couldn't decide if it was a waterborne or land micobacterial infection, and after 2 years of unsuccessful biopsies and prolonged head-scratching, they all agreed that the cure (3 antibiotics for 18 months) was probably worse than the actual infection. Dr. Jacobs took a look and suggested 4 weeks of Minocin, a mild bacteria often prescribed for kids' acne. Long story short, it did the trick. I made 2 visits and spent more time sitting around true waiting room than I should have, so a C+ for the staff, but an A+ for the doc.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Dr. Jacobs is an incredible doctor. His Staff is amazing - and he is beyond thorough in his exams. I have been a patient for nearly 30 years and he has saved my life twice by detecting melanomas early enough - that I am alive and well today. His completeness in his exams are impeccable as he does not miss one mole or freckle from the special magnifying scope that he uses. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Jacobs and his practice - so much so - that I travel from White Plains, NY to see him 3-4 times per year - he is THAT GOOD!!!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Dr. Jacobs is a tremendous dermatologist. He is helping me with an auto immune condition where other dermatologists have failed or misdiagnosed my condition. I would highly recommend him to others. He came highly recommended to me from one of the best rheumatologists in the country.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

Dr. Michael Jacobs is by far the best dermatologist I have had. He and his staff have always been exceptionally kind, courteous, and attentive and I am therefore more than a bit surprised to see a review here to the contrary. Moreover, his attention to detail is exceptional which in this area may be the difference between life and death (regular screening and early detection are the key to remaining healthy from skin cancer). I was initially referred to him by a phenomenal doctor who actually had been one of Dr. Jacobs' professors decades earlier in medical school, ergo he had the ability to comment on the entirety of Dr. Jacobs career and considered him to be truly exceptional. Even with all the good choices in NYC, my doctor believed that Dr. Jacobs was the absolute best of the best. After having been a patient for close to 10-years, I completely agree.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

The doctor and staff were very rude. I came on time for my appointment and he made me wait for an hour. For a dermatology clinic, they were not very accommodating. I would rate them 0 out of 5.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012

Dr. Michael I. Jacobs's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1977)