Ratings for Dr. Jay M Galst

Unable to get correct prescription for after several tries. Staff said they did not accept my insurance (and charged me)and then proceeded to bill the insurance 6 mo. later because they did in fact have a contract.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Galst for about 5 years now. Great personable old-school doctor who gives a thorough eye exam. Waiting time has been kept to a minimal, which was a big improvement from the previous eye doctors I used to go to. Dr. Galst does not rush you and gives you all the time needed if you have questions. The office is a bit old looking, but I can easily look pass that for a good doctor.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

I told Dr. Galst I am terrified of going blind because I am an art historian, and art is my life. He said, "There's audio art." An art person would not be satisfied with listening to the radio. He turned out all the lights in his exam room so it was pitch black. I've seen quite a few ophthalmologists, and none ever did that. In the pitch black Dr. Galst stood very close to me, breathing heavily like a telephone ****. I should say, I am female. I was profoundly uncomfortable and never went back.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2008

Love this doctor. He's a very experienced (over 20 years) doctor who is very easy to talk to, gentle, calming, and provides a concise exam. The staff is also very nice. The surprising thing is I made an appointment and expected a long wait nevertheless(as I have experienced w/ many other doctors), but there is hardly a wait for him. They don't overschedule patients.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2007

cooperative and pleasant>professional very competent.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2007

Dr. Jay M Galst's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1976)