Ratings for Dr. Michelle S. Quaye

I had a very bad experience with this doctor from day one. I tried to give her the benefit of doubt but she tries to rush you and refuse to give me pain medicine. I asked her to please give me IBUPROFEN for my pain and she refused, like I was faking!! Then after I left her and went to another doctor she refused to give me a copy of my medical records. I know my rights and she is suppose to give me a copy of them when I ask for them in person. But I walked out after I signed a release form to have them sent to me current doctor. Now I should and still might take this a step further because she can not refuse me of my records!!!!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

She has an emphasis on nutritional ways to balance hormones.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

I had doctor Quaye when I had m miscarriage and she did a great job!!she is completely honest & she tells you like it is!! I've never had a problem with her.yea I had to wait but what doctor office do you go to and not have to wait!i am 36 weeks pregnant today && she is still my obgyn! I love the way she is. If I ever decide to have another baby down the road that's who I will go too!!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

This was my first visit and the power was out at her office! So she took me to a room with a window to discuss my issues! I had major trouble with my monthly and she made me feel stupid! Unprofessional and selfish!

Submitted January 6, 2014

I am new to Hartsville I went to Michelle Quaye for my yearly exam and some pain issues I was having. I waited 3 hours in the waiting room to see her. When I was finally called back I was told she was having problems removing an IUD from a patient (which I thought was a little more info than I needed). When I finally saw her I was told that there would not be time to go over all my issues (remember I had just waited 3 hours). I was rushed through the appointment and made to feel very stupid by her bad bedside manner. (Felt as if she talked down to me) She started her own practice in 2012 so I thought I would give her one more chance. Well, I didn't have a wait but the bedside manner was the same. She wanted me to make a 2nd appt. to discuss a treatment plan. Didn't understand why we could not do that on that visit. Felt as if she was just trying to make more money. When I asked for copies of my records to change docs. I was told I would have to pay $5.00 PER PAGE for my personal use.

Submitted September 25, 2013

Dr. Quaye was my first gyno and she made me feel so self-conscious and stupid for the questions I was asking. All she had was mean remarks and wanted to tell me to lose weight. Before she left me, she handed me a bunch of diet brochures. I have never felt more fat!

Submitted November 18, 2012

I went to Dr. Quaye first for my yearly exam. I had just gotten married. She didn't do a pregnancy test on me. She told me I had PCOS and would have a hard time getting pregnant. Lo and behold a few weeks later I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. She was my OB/GYN for my pregnancy. She never answered my questions during my pregnancy. She was so concerned about my weight that she was sure I would have gestational diabetes. My tests came back normal, but she STILL made me see a dietician and test my blood. Then when I was in labor, I spiked a temperature of 105. Did she decide to do a c-section? No. I labored for 18 hours with a fever until she finally decided to do the section. My baby came out with a fever. She is only concerned with weight issues and does not treat all patients equally. Since then I have not been back to her, and I advise everyone else to not go to her if you want quality health care.

Submitted August 6, 2010

Just not very friendly or helpful. Took forever to see and was in and out way too fast with what mattered.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

Throughout my entire pregnancy she acted like me throwing up was no big deal. I ended up in the hospital 3 times for dehydration. Finally now that my son is 10 months old she tells me it was possible that it was from a salt deficiency. Recently she put me on Yaz and I went back to her with a problem about it and all she wanted to do was switch my birth control. She didn't even want to attempt to explain to me why I haven't had a period in 3 months. She does not take anyone seriously or care about her patients. She is always late and only spends 5-10 minutes in the room with you. I will never go see her again.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2009

Dr. Quaye did not take adequate time to listen to issues that I was experiencing. Have not historically had issues therefore I felt it important that someone listen. Instead she made a few cursory remarks and left the room without further explanation. In all she spent let than 10 minutes with me. I will NOT see her again - I felt like I was an inconvenience in her day.

Submitted August 30, 2007

Dr. Michelle S. Quaye's Credentials

• Morehouse School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in Hartsville, SC