Ratings for Dr. David Zackon

I do not understand what people are complaining about. Dr Zackon is a lovely man. His clinic is extremely busy, but also extremely well organized and thorough. I went in for suspected narrow angle glaucoma and I had now fewer than 10 tests done on my eyes to have the fullest picture possible. Yes, the time is long, but I would rather be seen by a skilled doctor and have to wait a bit than get in right away with someone who isn't as proficient. As for the staff, I only ever had one bad exchange with the front staff. Bad days happen, they're human. Get over it.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

For all the complainers take a pill. This Doctor treats people with very serious medical conditions as I have ( Pituitary tumor ) and much more. I would have waited 8 hours to see him if I had to. I was in and out in an hour with a complete eye exam done. Also the flow of patients was amazing. If your looking for a doctor to sit around and have a little cry with you forget about it, you wont find any. I am looking for skill not to have my emotions cared for. I just think that peoples sense of entitlement and selfishness these days are incredible. People have no idea the stress and responsibility on Doctors shoulders these days. Anyhow if you are looking for a very knowledgeable Doctor he is your man.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Idiot pratice.Min 2 hours ( they lie) Did not even get in to see him. I will not go back.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Saw Dr Zackon at the Eye Institute. He quickly had me look at a pen then yelled at me to move my eyes more. I had gone to the hospital because they wouldn't move properly. He told me to relax. I asked what was causing my double vision and eye pain and he said he would write a letter to my family doctor then left. Still a problem a week later but definitely don't want to go back to him.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Zackon for over 15 years. When you do have your 2 minute appointment with him, after the 2 hour wait, he can be knowledgeable. However he often feels rushed and leaves the patient with a sense that he is doing a cursory review. The staff are disrespectful and appointments are unreliable. It seems to take a minimum of 2 appointments for them to actually carry through on an appointment. The staff do not take responsibility for their actions and seem to think everything that goes wrong is the patients fault. If I did not have so many years vested in the knowledge of this physician, I would change in a heart beat. My sense is that Dr Zackon and his clinic put financial results over patient care.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Zackon for many years and feel fortunate to have him as my eye specialist. His practice is very busy and I always know that I am going to have to wait but if I do have questions he spends the time to answer them and if he does detect an issue, gives the time that you would want to explain it. For this reason I accept that it is going to be a wait to see him as I know he is doing the same with others. His office staff have always been pleasant.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr. Zackon is a nice and caring person, very knowledge and calm Doctor, with very busy schedule. The clinic is very busy and the appointment usually takes 2 hours due to a series of test before you finally see the doctor.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Its a known fact by many that CRP which is an inflammatory marker attaches to fat and makes more CRP which causes more inflammation. The higher your CRP is the higher your risk of getting chronic inflammatory health issues. Increases risk of heart problems and cancers and the higher your CRP (C-Reactive Protein) is the lower your survival rate will be. Losing Weight will help decrease the amount of CRP your body is producing. He is not telling you to lose weight to upset or insult anyone. He is telling you this because he knows it will improve your CRP which will lower that inflammation number thereby improving your symptoms and quality of life. Weight is a touchy issue with people and people can be easily offended. When you are dealing with medical issues that are as a result of a high CRP it is so imperative that you get the weight off because it attaches to fat and get that number lowered. He doesn't have anything against fat people - He is honestly giving the best advice out there for your own best outcome of what you are dealing with. He's being hated for it - but honestly he is just trying to help you improve your own quality of life.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I am in a wheelchair and have been going there for years. I have never had a negative encounter with anyone there. Dr. Zachon is very kind and knowledgeable and always answers my questions.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

he's a good doctor, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to get through their phone line to make an appointment. I often have to call every day many times a day for a week to get through to anyone!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015