Ratings for Dr. Mayra J. Thompson

Dr Mayra Thompson was supposed to remove two polyps from my uterus. Because she did not come to see me before the surgery AND she did not read the Sonogram report in its entirety, she performed the surgery and removed just one of the polyps. She first argued that she just needed to remove just one and when confronted with the Sonogram report that she lied to me and everyone. Horrible doctor, just cares about her money

flag | Submitted September 16, 2012

Very bad surgical outcome. Several mistakes made during the procedure that were not caught. These resulted in multiple f/u surgeries.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

My OBGYN was not available when I landed in an emergency room needing surgery on one of my ovaries. Dr Thompson was recommended to me by another physician and I couldn't have been more pleased with her. She treated me as though I had been her patient my whole life. Her bedside manner was so caring and understanding. She is a gifted and talented physician, I would highly recommend her. She doesn't practice Obstetrics anymore though so now that I am having children I had to switch physicians but I would have given anything for Dr Thompson to have delivered my children!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010

Ok so I have a dermoid cyst in one of my ovaries. She was suppose to go and see if I had endometrosis, and take the cyst or ovary altogether. She ended up calling a surgeon to take my appendix out, and left the cyst. So I am STILL in pain, and her bedside manner sucked. I have had other doctors opinions, and they ALL have said that they would have taken the cyst/ovary out. I have to go through yet again another surgery. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND HER TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

fantastic, gives a lot of helpful guidance, and is in general very understanding

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009

Very excellent and thorough doctor. Spent much time going over tests in order to figure out what my problem was. Wonderful and down to earth bedside manner.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2007

Dr. Mayra J. Thompson's Credentials

• French

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1980)