Ratings for Dr. C. LUCY Polak

My wife and I are offended at our family's experience here today. While Lucy may have been a popular doctor in the past, it is clear that the organization of this office and the quality of service have taken a nose dive here. We asked in advance what the wait time would be, stating that we had other events to get to... "no problem," we were told. After a 90 minute wait time we were promised we would avoid, my wife and son were taken to a room where she brought in a new young male intern. My wife was rushed out, being told that the men would talk privately b/c our son is 16 now. My wife had some serious questions and wanted to stay, but was not given a chance. 30 more minutes later, she called our son, who was left alone in the room the whole time. She told him to come out b/c they were leaving without service. She asked the clerk if he needed any shots, told them we had to go, and got immediate service (because Polak's $200 billable hour was about to walk out the door). Lucy Polak then gave my family very disrespectful, rude, and poor service. Frustrated by a patient who demanded service 2 hours after the appointment time, she flippantly discredited my wife's childhood diagnosis she asked about, dismissed my son's true need to see an internist as "that's just his way," and then rudely told my wife she wasn't parenting him correctly and told her to get off his back! Time to find a competent doctor. Don't believe the hype. We were done a disservice, and my wife and son deserve an apology. This lady definitely thinks her time is more valuable than yours, and does not care about her patients.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

Dr. Polak is so lovely and professional...I even transferred all my family to her clinic, I can call her any time and she or her office always respond promptly, she has nice staff at her office, the most important thing, she's care and get the diagnosis right. I've been with many doctors before, and I know how the doctor or the staff might be like. I don't care how long I wait as long as my doctor address my concerns and give me the right time and attention.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

This Doctor was very unprofessional I had a spider bite and the doctor I originally had sent me home with no antibiotics only Ib Phophen. Which they never submitted then I was in so much pain they called the ON CALL NURSE who was Lucy Polak DOCTOR POLAK. She was fine at first then within 10 minutes she told me I would need a flush which is understandable, She asked my wife a question is it better or worst, earlier my wife said it was worst due to the fact it was worst and now we're taking the medicines we have not got a chance to see it work fully yet since they gave me the steroids to take. My wife said "I am in the hospital field as well and then the doctor Polak said "Well I am a doctor and your inn the field to YOU RESPECT ME!!! and I respect you and she told my wife to get out of the room NOW! So horribly rude and disgusting!!! I instantly walked out of the room without the flush!!! Ill be filing a lawsuit against this company and doctor....STAY AWAY FROM THESE IDIOT DOCTORS

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012

WOW! Everyone has the same experience as I. What really upsets me is I make THE VERY FIRST AM APPOINTMENT WELL IN ADVANCE, thinking I'll be seen first and get out in an hour. Sorry........... I'll be the first to show and won't leave the office until 11:30 am or later. Working people can't tolerate this. If your retired and like to watch tv while breathing in the germs of other sick people, this is the place for you. As for Dr. Polak, she is absolutely the very best Dr. I have even known. Takes all the time to really listen and ask questions, hence the long waits. IF you have alot of free time, this is the place for you. Great staff, great Dr. just expect half your day to be wasted waiting in the office.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

One of the very few doctors I have ever felt comfortable and secure with . She is warm and more importantly, empathetic. She never made me feel rushed. Yes, the wait time is a bit, but that is the price you pay if you want to see a wonderful and informative doctor.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2010

like others...wasting halfday to wait for a scheduled appointment....

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

I Love Dr Lucy and wont go to a diferent Dr But the waiting is redicules please work on this Issue.Dr Lucy is a excelent Dr

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010

Dr. Polak is helpful and knowledgeable in her field. However, her staff over book appointments and Dr. Pokak is never on time with her patients. The wait time is ridiculous.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2010

One of the best that I have seen but the waiting is a real issue. It's frustrating to see 4 sales reps go in for visits per patient going in. I know this is something that is common for the business, but in seeing this dr for the last 8 years, it has gotten progressively worse. The appts are overbooked 3 to 4 patients per time, and the dr is therefore rushing through the visit to try and keep up. When your appt is at 1pm you should not be sitting in the lobby at 3pm wondering what's going on. It's unfortunate, but I have started looking elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

This is a wonderful doctor but I am looking for another because I do not have all day to wait to see her. She has added 2-3 additional doctors to her office and it still takes forever to see her. I waited five weeks to make an appointment and on the day of my appointment waited three hours in the office waiting for a pap smear. Very uncomfortable and I was one of her first patients. Will be finding another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2009

Dr. C. LUCY Polak's Credentials

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1994)