Ratings for Dr. Ronald A. Martino

Dr. Martino has been treating my daughter for the last five years. We rarely wait more than 5 minutes for her appointments. He listens to concerns and answers questions. He also is great about returning phone calls and answering questions over the phone. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

Dr. Martino was VERY, I repeat VERY disappointing. I was excited to see him to finally answer my mysterious symptoms that I had been having. Upon meeting him it only took me about 5 full minutes to realize that all he wanted to do was hand me a prescription and get me out the door. I didn't once feel like he was actually LISTENING to me. Also, words of wisdom: Don't let your eyes water in his office! You will instantly be pushed to recieve prescriptions for Depression and Anxiety (even if you truly don't need them.)If you need a shrink, he could be good I suppose. But if you need a NEUROLOGIST, PLEASE look elsewhere, lest you feel that he is trying to answer REAL medical problems with an emotional diagnosis. FINALLY, his office feels like something out of the '70s and feels like "One Flew Over the CooCoos Nest." Nothing about it is cleanly or calming as a Drs office. 0 out of 5 stars. HATE this place, and will never go back. Fairbanks is a small town. Sorry! :(

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Martino's for over 13 years. As a patient who is pretty independent-minded and does a lot of research, I have always found him impressively knowledgable and discerning. Unlike many doctors, he never lords over his patients or lets his ego get in the way - the patient always comes first. He's a bit of an odd bird and really hates tardiness, but he is an extremely dependable doctor, and understanding. Dr. Martino has a clear passion for neurology and psychiatry, which shows in both the depth and breadth of his knowledge, as well as his general enthusiasm for "getting it right." Other members of my family are also long-term patients of his, and all have a similarly enthusiastically positive opinions and experiences with him. As for the person with the misdiagnosed migraine, I can't seak for their experience, but knowing him as well I do, I can tell you that their experience is more the rarity. Can't be right all the time, unfortunately!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2009

misdiagnosed pain radiating from damaged shoulder to be migraine

flag | Submitted February 21, 2009

Dr. Ronald A. Martino's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Top Hospitals in Fairbanks, AK