Ratings for Dr. Winfield S. Fisher

Dr. Fisher removed my brain tumor from a very challenging area when other neurosurgeons said it was inoperable. He answered all of my questions and was very patient with my family and had a great bedside manner. He did a great job with the surgery and followed up nearly every day while I was in the hospital. His staff is also wonderful and very caring.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

I'm so happy to find a place to tell everyone how wonderful Dr. Fisher is. He saved my daughter's life after she suffered a ruptured AVM. He talked to me and the rest of our family as if we were humans who understood what was going on. I learned a lot, and my daughter has just been promoted to a higher position at the Research Facility where she works. Thank God for Dr. Fisher and others like him.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Dr. Fisher performed 9 hour brain surgery on me to remove a large acoustic neuroma. I was walking up a set of stairs the next day, and I have had a miraculous recovery since then. I can not put into words how incredible a surgeon he is, and he has always shown great kindness every time I see him. I was blessed to have him operate on me

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

He is an awsome Doctor! My nephew has been blessed to have been his patient.Thank You Dr. Fisher

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

Took excellent care of my mother. She suffered from a condition called AVM and had a blood clot in her brain and was rushed to Birmingham for emergency surgery. It was successful! She just went for her checkup yesterday, and he told her he would see her in 2 years!!! Great News. Great doctor, with a sense of humor that's very calming to your spirit.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Dr. Fischer; In early July, 2000, I called because my 23 yo daughter, Kate, had a ruptured brain Aneurysm that was not corrected by radiological intervention in NOLA. You took her immediately and did surgery on July 4. 13 years later she has no aneurysms, some headaches but, most importantly, just received her Doctorate in Forensic Psychology. We cannot thank you enough! You saved her life. Your clear, compassionate discussion with me at my time of crisis gave me a foundation upon which to make the most important decisions of my life.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

As words cannot do justice to the admiration I have for the superb care my wife received after suffering a brain aneurysm on New Year eve-2012, I simply say "Dr. Fisher and UAB are the best"!!!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

Dr. Fisher is a miracle all I can say is that God has placed his hands on him. My brother suffered from a brain anuerysm and when ALL other doctors gave him NO hope and devasted us, he stepped up and said YES there is hope to his three children. His entire staff is awesome they are angels themselves. Even when we were technically not allowed to see my brother they would always say yes for a few minutes only due to the severity of the condition. They were always very encouraging. When you have a medical doctor that gives you hope that gives you the strength to pull through a very traumatic event. THANKS to everyone at Dr. Fisher's office you guys are blessed beyond measures!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

What can I say other than he is one of the best surgeons ever. Absolute great personality, wonderful bedside manner and explains everything in detail. GREAT GREAT GREAT

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

This doctor is incredible. The staff in the ICU was exceptional as well. One nurse in particular, Shelia Ray will always be remembered as considerate and kind. She knew we were all frightened. Her confidence in Dr Fisher reassured us, her knowledge and understanding quieted our fears, and the tender care she gave me will never be forgotten. Dr Fisher spoke to us almost daily and we always felt confident in the knowledge and expetise of him and his staff. Now that I am home, recovering from brain surgury isn't that bad when you have such an awesome Doctor you can count on.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Dr. Winfield S. Fisher's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)