Ratings for Dr. Michael Maurice

I cannot praise Dr. Maurice enough. He has been with me since I was diagnosed with breast cancer and he performed my double lumpectomy last week SO brilliantly that I have had to take only one Tylenol 3 post-surgery. He takes the time to explain things and even phoned me once himself to go over a new report. Lucia, his assistant, is also kind, compassionate, and helpful. While I hope for no more surgeries, if I must have them, I will always ask for Dr. Maurice. Always. He is incredibly skilled.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

Dr. Maurice performed my lumpectomy and lymph node dissection surgery. My recovery was handled well with no pain medication. Both incisions healing well and look good. He provided us with the information and options available to make well informed decisions. His office assistant was amazing and always made me feel like a priority.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

Excellent surgeon who spends the time to explain everything and answer every question despite having an extemely busy office. Staff are also kind, organized and attentive.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018

Ok I do not generally rate MDs but after reading some negativw reviewes I felt I have to! I was diagnosed with unknown breast lump and not diagonosed through biopsy if benign or malignant, I was extremely worried but DR. Maurice scheduled the surgery to the time that would fit MY schedule and wedding/honeymoon. I agree he is busy and I did not spend a lot of time discussing but what he discussed with me was enough and I got my answers. My surgery went so well that I not even have to take a tylenol for pain! ( I have popped pain killers after dental fillings as my pain threshold is very low). I am sorry if you are in search of surgeon as I know how it feels but do not judge DR. Maurice based on a few reviews.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Dr. Maurice may be medically qualified, but he lacks the emotional human connection to his patients in many ways. Awful communication skills, rude mannerisms, does NOT care about his patients pain whatsoever & treats the nurses he is working with no respect or dignity. If you are a patient in need of a surgery its in your best interest to avoid Dr. Maurice at ALL costs. And i you are reading this Dr. Maurice, you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

No bedside manner. Almost robotic. I will not go back.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Receptionist is an absolute gem. Lovely, friendly, knowledgeable and a delight to deal with. Dr. Maurice is a good surgeon, but I did end up with an infected incision. He can be difficult to talk to, and he is not great at answering questions; he gets frustrated easily in conversation. His ideas of wound aftercare are awful, if you need wound after care listen to CCAC! However I do think he is good at the surgical side of things and seems most comfortable in the operating room.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Dr. Maurice performed my lumpectomy late last year. He did an outstanding job and I feel we clicked when in discussion about my care, prognosis, surgery etc. Once the ice was broken he was very easy to speak with. I will ask for him by name when I get my preventative double mastectomy later this year.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Seems unorganized and confused, never has an answer right when I walk in, always has to read over notes to find out what the results are. Seems knowledge but doesn't have the best communication skills.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Absolutely love Dr. Maurice. He took his time in planning out my surgery to ensure that everything was done to the absolute highest standard and kept me in the loop every step of the way. He made sure that I was given medication for my panic disorder while I was in the operating room waiting to be put under as he could tell the I was trying very hard to keep from having a panic attack. Even after I was transferred into the care of the next on-call surgeon he still came and visited me and checked up on me while I recovered in the hospital. His demeanor can definitely come off as a little bit odd at first but I found him to have a great beside manner and pretty funny. You can see his brain working as he explains things to you, which I think is awesome. Thank you, Dr. M!!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016