Ratings for Dr. Michael Maurice

No bedside manner. Almost robotic. I will not go back.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Receptionist is an absolute gem. Lovely, friendly, knowledgeable and a delight to deal with. Dr. Maurice is a good surgeon, but I did end up with an infected incision. He can be difficult to talk to, and he is not great at answering questions; he gets frustrated easily in conversation. His ideas of wound aftercare are awful, if you need wound after care listen to CCAC! However I do think he is good at the surgical side of things and seems most comfortable in the operating room.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Dr. Maurice performed my lumpectomy late last year. He did an outstanding job and I feel we clicked when in discussion about my care, prognosis, surgery etc. Once the ice was broken he was very easy to speak with. I will ask for him by name when I get my preventative double mastectomy later this year.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Seems unorganized and confused, never has an answer right when I walk in, always has to read over notes to find out what the results are. Seems knowledge but doesn't have the best communication skills.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Absolutely love Dr. Maurice. He took his time in planning out my surgery to ensure that everything was done to the absolute highest standard and kept me in the loop every step of the way. He made sure that I was given medication for my panic disorder while I was in the operating room waiting to be put under as he could tell the I was trying very hard to keep from having a panic attack. Even after I was transferred into the care of the next on-call surgeon he still came and visited me and checked up on me while I recovered in the hospital. His demeanor can definitely come off as a little bit odd at first but I found him to have a great beside manner and pretty funny. You can see his brain working as he explains things to you, which I think is awesome. Thank you, Dr. M!!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

Great surgeon, was very happy with gallbladder removal procedure. A++

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Great surgeon...very calm demeanor...clearly knowledgeable and committed.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Awesome surgeon. Down to earth. Just does what he does.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

He has done surgery on me and has gone out of his way on follow ups if he does not agree with with opinions of other doctors or something is still buging him he will go out of town to other doctors till he finds answers

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Dr. Maurice is a fabulous surgeon. My family doctor warned that he may not have the greatest bedside manner but when I met him he was better than I expected. I really felt at ease in his care. He performed a lumpectomy for me. His secretary is great. Super sweet and competent!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015