Ratings for Dr. Cynthia Spellman

Excellent. Carijng. Compassionate. Thorough. Used all 55-minutes helping me.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

The way Dr. Spellman used my genetics to find me the right medicine was a God-send. She is a great Doctor and I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Truly helpful and very dedicated and available. Her therapy (Focusing) is brilliant and helped me make my emotions an ASSET not a liability!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

I started seeing Dr Spellman around the summer of 2014. I began searching for a therapist, particularly a psychiatrist, shortly after marrying my wife. I knew there were areas in my life that I needed to address, in order to give our marriage the best chance of success. I found Dr Spellman, called her, left a message, and soon after she called me back. Talking with her on the phone, even, reassured something in me that my decision to call Dr. Spellman, was a very good decision. I started visiting Dr Spellman on my own for approximately 3 months. This was very helpful to issues I was struggling with; things such as depression and attention difficulties. Along the way, Dr Spellman encouraged me to bring my wife to our therapy sessions. My wife was resistant to therapy, yet agreed to come. Fast forward to almost 3 years later, and there is little little doubt about the absolute blessing that Dr Spellman has had on our life, and upon our family. My wife and myself, visit with Dr Spellman regularly, and it has always been a positive factor in our marriage, life, and family. An absolute blessing. Dr Spellman is much more than simply a psychiatrist, she is a fantastic therapist, who listens. Dr. Spellman has the unique ability to address all aspects of a persons being; mind, body, soul and spirit. Yet even here, Dr Spellman has an ability to address specific areas; such as mind or body, as well as a persons whole being.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

Tremendously helpful, got me on the right meds, used genetics to do so, very smart and caring and compassionate.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

Excellent and extremely helpful. Really cares a lot. Can get appointments easily

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

Really caring, helped me a lot. Very available. Used minimal medicine which I liked because I was afraid of side effects. Very kind person, generous with her time.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

Excellent, thorough, considered all of my medical conditions.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

The best psychiatrist, totally focused on helping me and my well-being. I need confidentiality and her approach guarantees me total privacy. She is very considerate and truly an expert.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2011

Dr. Cynthia Spellman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Albany psychiatrist Cynthia Spellman MD offers a gentle, supportive & very private way to make things right again. Dr. Spellman blends the best of conventional and holistic care with total privacy. She treats you as a whole person and not a diagnoses, even though she has a lot of experience treating people who have various diagnoses such as depression, anxiety, panic disorder, bipolar disorder, PTSD, and OCD. Many people come to her just for ordinary life stress. They know that the extra privacy she provides will safeguard their personal information. Dr. Spellman really cares. She is glad to collaborate with your other providers if you wish and to clarify any medical issues that may be interfering with your emotional well-being. She is very reachable by phone or by text when you need her. Much more than your typical 15-minute med-check, Dr. Spellman offers 45-minute sessions which give you the leisure to unpack your emotions so that you can mange them in a positive way. She provides a Mindfulness-Informed psychotherapy known as "Focusing" as well as very specialized services including pharmacogenetics testing to help you find the medication that has the best chance of working with the least side effects.

• English