Ratings for Dr. Edward S. Shoemaker

OK... a lot to be said about this doc and my sister has nothing good to say about him but he's been great for me. He was always informative and when I had a bad diagnosis, he was very compassionate and helpful. There is an understanding side to him and there is a compassionate side to him, but I'm sure it's not all the time. The guy has good/bad patients and those patients are sometimes ignorant. I think he's a good doc but if you're wanting someone to pet or coddle you, you should probably look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

It's hard for me to rate Dr. Shoemaker on the scale provided as I was not his patient but a nurse that worked inL&D at the same hospital. One memory sticks out in particular. The doctor was delivering baby number two for a patient under 18. She was understandably frantic and acting much like a child would.. BECAUSE SHE WAS A CHILD. He did not respond well, acting impatient, not understanding, emphatic or compassionate in the least. I don't want to go into too many details or another story at length but know, I did not formulate my opinion based on one delivery. haha to the chips coment. BURN.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

arrogant, thinks he is all that and a bag of chips, he looks like he ate a lot of chips

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

Dr. Edward S. Shoemaker's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1977)