Ratings for Dr. Paul R. Senter

Reading the comment about drug abuse did hit home. Dr. Senter IS inclined to refrain from creating more addicts. On the other hand I feel that he may be over-cautious in his prescribing criteria. Do not expect lots of sympathy or pain meds. Overall a great Surgeon though from personal experience!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2011

Dr. Senter is a very knowledgeable and patient Physician. He was straightforward and honest. He was not in a rush and really listened to me. The staff was very kind and patient as well. Overall experience was great!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2011

Excellent office staff...Amazing surgeon...Excellent bedside manner. Dr. Senter is very thorough, caring, and concerned. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

I had severe UC requiring full colectomy and the second takedown surgery to reconnect after failing every med known to treat this horrible disease. I was willing to go to Mayo Clinic or Rush University Hospital for my surgeries. But after EVERY person I knew in town telling me to see Paul Senter, I agreed to meet him. He was spot on with the surgical procedure from my research and understanding. He was totally confident and reassuring. And all 11 different people who separately and independently referred him were right. He is great. I cannot say enough good things about him and believe he made a tough situation as bearable as can be. I have my life again and I can thank him for it!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2010

Two colon operations. Dr. Senter is the best -- he saved my life and treated me like a king.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2010

Dr. Senter did a poor job of follow-up care. I developed an infection which Dr. Senter failed to diagnose and did not care about. He never really listens to complaints and rushes through most consultations. In addition, he never discussed the complications associated with the surgery until after it was over. I would recommend people find a different colorectal surgeon if at all possible.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009

I was shocked when I saw these bad reviews for this Dr. who saved my life with a surgery that no one wants to have...he completely removed my colon and rectum. When I found out that I had to have this surgery or die, I asked many people who was the best and everyone said Dr. Senter. I found him to be very helpful, knowledgable and thorough. And now that I know others who had this surgery, I am so lucky that I had him as I healed and went on with my life, which is not always with case for some people who are left with more problems following the surgery. Four years later I am doing great. I had complications following the surgery but he told me what to do and I followed his advice to the letter. This man deals with very very difficult surgical issues which aren't given to easy repairs. He is a great surgeon in my book and very caring! I would tell anyone in my situation to get him for their surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

Dr. Senter has a strong sterotype that if you are on pain medicine and have Crohn's disease (which is very painful) that you are a drug addict. He also shared this with my family and all of the nurses so, I was treated horribly by the them. They would ignore me, and tell me that I was not in pain.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2009

Dr Senter failed to inform me that he planned to cut muscles in the colon region which would leave me with permanent muscle, nerve and tissue damage at 32 years old. It has completely changed my life. He repeatedly treated me as if I was a complainer for MONTHS and kept adding weeks upon weeks of time to his estimation for when it would heal. Even sent me to another specialist who took one look at me and said he wouldn't even touch my situation and that I would have to return to a surgeon such as Dr Senter to attempt a repair. Dr Senter remained completely unconcerned and obvlivious to my problem and consequently I've gone through numerous other tests and one other surgery which has made only a slight improvement in my condition. Dr Senter is a pompous jerk and I wouldn't let him do surgery on my dog.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2007

Dr. Paul R. Senter's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1982)