Ratings for Dr. Kathlene K. Sears

I saw Dr. Sears for a couple of years. My first visit with her, my appointment was re-scheduled without anyone calling to let me know. When I went to my second appointment, I was kept waiting under the thin paper sheet in the exam room for an hour and a half before anyone saw me. The waiting area and exam rooms are very outdated and cheap looking and as another posted said, I also felt uncomfortable there. Dr. Sears herself was very kind during my first two yearly visits but her office staff was unhelpful. This past year she admitted me into the hospital for observation and during my 24 hours there I did not see or hear from her once, and that bothered me. She was apologetic when she finally did come in to sign my release papers but I had already decided to find another doctor who could handle my more advance problems. Dr. Sears recommended a wonderful doctor for me and I appreciate all of her help.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2010

SHE IS NICE AND HELPFUL. HOWEVER HER OFFICE MADE ME FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE, SHE HAD A PLASTIC LAWN CHAIR IN THE EXAM ROOM, AN OUT OF DATE AND UNCOMFORTABLE EXAM BED. AND I NOTICED THE TRASH CANS DID NOT HAVE BAGS IN THEM.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2007

She did a D&C, recommended hysterectomy and ovary removal. I disagreed with her about removing my ovaries, but she prevailed. I regrete letting her take out my ovaries. I went on HRT for 2 months and felt horrible. I had achy back, stiff muscles, sore feet, eccema. I felt instantly 10 year older. An old woman overnite. The HRT patches she prescribed cost $40/month. I told her this is rediculous to pay for HRT when I had ovaries that could have been saved. I dropped the HRT and the horrible side effects gradually went away. I take Women's balance pack now to stop the hot flashes. I also wish I had just stopped at the D&C and kept my Uterus. Instant menopause really sucks.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2005

Dr. Kathlene K. Sears's Credentials

• Univ Of Ok Coll Of Med, Oklahoma City Ok 73190 (Grad. 1976)