Ratings for Dr. Gail E. Sowa

She was the doctor on call for the first day of my delivery. She really made me feel like she was "put out" and uninterested in helping me. I had a lot of complications with my delivery, and as she was the doctor on call for a majority of it, I fault her. I'm lucky that a wonderful doctor came on call when it came time for my c-section, and I did not trust her to perform the surgery. She wasn't my regular OB, and I can absolutely say that I would never go to her for medical care again.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

I love Dr Sowa, I had seen her for 10 years up until my insurance switched carriers. She cared for me through all my pregnancies, and delivered most of my children, she knew when I was fed up being pregnant, and usually safely induced if I didn't go into labor on my own, I find all these bad comments about her hard to believe. She's wonderful, so is her staff.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

Simply Horrrible ....No care of patient pain .Everything looks normal to her eventhough you are dying with pain.You are lucky if she lets you have stress free pregnancy.Most mean doctor I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

Terrible experience. Dr. appt's were very short and she was so eager to leave the room. I went in to labor 2 months early and had no idea what was going on as this was my first pregnancy. She was rude and neglected to help me in any way. I had back labor but she thought it was all in my head. Dr. Sowa has no emotion or care to any situation. DO NOT USE HER FOR YOUR OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

First she is seriously overweight. As a medical doctor this is unacceptable. Secondly, she diagnosed my pain as ovarian cysts and advised me to schedule a laparoscopy surgery, she said they are quite commmon and her demeanor was as if it were like getting a pimple. I'm very healthy and take great efforts to eat and exercise properly. What's really concering is that she made this diagnosis without actually seeing them on my ovaries or verifying that I actually had them with any sort of medical tests. I was disturbed by this and went and did my own research on ovarian cysts. Frequently they are re-occuring so I'm not sure if she would recommend a laparoscopy surgery everytime or not - I didn't care to wait and find out. I found a women's reproductive acupuncturist who rid me of pain in less than 2 months without any surgery or prescription medicine. Painfree for 2 years & counting now. Avoid this Dr.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

In my opinion, she is the worst doctor I have ever encountered. She went ahead and performed my c-section even though she knew my epidural wasn't working and the anesthesiologist was busy discussing putting me out. She didn't care that I was in pain and caused me the excruciating agony of having surgery unanethetized, which has been followed by trauma and intense nightmares. I now am pregnant again and don't know how I'm going to make it through my next delivery.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2010

I've been seeing Dr Sowa for 4 years. She is very knowledgeable, caring and efficient.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

She was awesome. She has a no BS attitude, which I really like. Very professional yet takes time to answer all your questions. She has a good sense of humor too. She does not work you up at all, very cool and collected. Gives you good advice.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2010

My labor was going wonderfully, until "Miss Joyful" blundered in. She is definitely not keen on natural birthing. I'd been hypnobirthing for 17 hours or so with a pain-free labor. She threw me out of hypnosis with her determination to show me SHE was in charge of MY labor just because she was the doctor on call du jour. Wanted to check me like every hour, and I wound up with a hospital-only aquired bacterium! The only positive I can give her is that she does a nice c-section staple. If you want someone with a good disposition, find someone else.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Gail E. Sowa's Credentials

• Armenian

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1983)