Ratings for Dr. Vera Tarman

While I was in treatment I was lucky enough to have a lecture on the biology of addiction from Dr. Tarman. She is a patient woman who will not just hand out medication to fix any problem. She thoroughly analyzes each patients unique situation and tells you all the details you need so you leave with a lowered sense of anxiety. She really does understand this disease. I never received a single feeling of judgment from this Doctor. She really is one of a kind of all addiction specialists I have met. I intend to check out some or her literature.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

Dr. Tarman helped me sort out issues with my medication while I was in rehab dealing with an addiction issue. The valuable knowledge that she shared gave me a more robust understanding of what exactly was going on in my brain and body. Thanks Dr. Tarman for your work in the addiction field. You are a true gem. I'm sure there are many other past patients that could say the same about this doc. She truly understands and knows her stuff!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Dr Tarman has a way of educating, inspiring and encouraging me to care for myself and be a proactive member of my own healing team.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

This is a fantastic Dr. She cares greatly for her patients. She is kind , sensitive , with a soft touch. She has personal experience so she is empathic to clients. She saved my life with her teachings & her book Food Junkies. She's amazing

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

Can't say enough about this wonderful physician. She is kind caring and has walked the walk. She understands our problems and can give you sensible advice. Awesome lady.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

Amazing specialist who has lived with this awful disease and understands. She commits her life to her work and is loved by those she treats.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

I met Dr. Taman this year during a seminar regarding Food Adiction and then purchased her book Food Junkies after conne ting with her I was finally able to connect to what the issues with food have been for most of my life. She is very passionate and knowledgeable about food addiction and has been a great inspiration and help to me this year especially during this last month of recovery. I would recommend Dr. Tarman to anyone suffering from an addiction. THANK YOU Dr. Tarman.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

I met Dr. Tarmen at Homestead in September 2015. It is now one year later, and i have Dr.T as my methadone doctor because i saw the compassion and understanding she has regarding recovery. Not only have i developed a close doctor/patient relationship with her, but i feel i can go to her at any given time with problems i may be experiencing regarding my sobriety. I have been on methadone for 20 plus years and now that i have her as my physician, i will never go elsewhere. Thankyou for everything Dr.T including assisting me in my first year of sobriety and recovery because i couldnt have done it alone. **5 star rating for this doctor. If you are suffering from food or opiate addiction, this is the doctor you need to see!!!

Submitted September 9, 2016

Dr. Tarman was my addiction doctor when I was in treatment years ago. She was very understanding about my opiate addiction and kept encouraging me to get and stay sober from all drugs, even marijuana and sugar! I finally got off the methadone under her care.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Tarman a few years ago and I feel honoured that she acknowledges me as a friend. A beautiful person with a heart of gold. Congratulations on her new book. By the way - she is a VERY INSIGHTFUL individual when it comes to drugs/food/addictions.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015