Ratings for Dr. Stephen W. Ganshirt

Excellent surgeon. Listened and answered all my questions and concerns prior to my hernia surgery. Surgery went smoothly, healed quickly with little discomfort. Highly recommend this doctor!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I had bi-lateral hernia surgery performed by this MD. He told me it would be breeze and that I would "feel better than ever." So had the surgery and the pain was astronimical. He left a terrible scar on my navel which he NEVER told me about. MORESO, the pain in the one side of my groin has become WORSE, like a constant TOOTHACHE. Nothing cures it! It is going down my left leg into my left foot. I called him and he refused to talk to me, while I received threatening letters to pay a remaining total balance of $70 after me and my health insurer paying THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS to him. He threatened to take me to a colllection agency and RUIN my CREDIT RATING ! SO I paid him his miserable, miserly $70 THEN he talked to me and told me to "go to a pain clinic and get a pain shot." THAT was IT. When I asked why the pain is growing worse, he said "this seldom happens after hernia surgery and it must be YOU." I've seen multiple MDs since and have spent thousands more.STAY AWAY from HIM!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

Dr. Ganshirt operated on me, was very nice to talk with, and surgically did a good job. I have no complaint or problem with the surgery. The problem was at the follow up. I mentioned I had some pain in the area of the lower right ribs. He pulled out the MRI from the original surgery and stated it showed I had had gallbladder attack and would have more and I needed to have it out soon. I went for a second opinion. That doctor ran a test specifically showing gallbladder function. My results of that test showed my gallbladder was working perfectly. The second opinion also told me it's not possible to determine gallbladder performance with an MRI. The pain has since gone away with no further treatment. If I followed Dr. Ganshirt, I would have had my perfectly working gallbladder out for no reason.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2007

Dr. Stephen W. Ganshirt's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

HealthPartners