Ratings for Dr. A. Tony Makhlouf

excellent Doctor,great knowledge very helpful an caring Doctor

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

The staff here are not very smart or helpful at all! The doctor has great knowledge but very bad people skills and doesn't allow you to say much if anything. Also plan to wait 30-45 min past the actual appointment time

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Very poor service. Left me waiting for an hour in a patient room. Ended up having to leave.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2012

This doctor is a godsend. After seeing the other famous Fertility urologist in the twin cities and being left hopeless we decided to go to dr makhlouf for one last try. He is AMAZING!! I love this man is kind, professional, Knowledgeable and compassionate. He is the reason why we are parents now :)

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Makhlouf! He was wonderful!! Very compassionate, down to earth, he was always willing to explain what was going on and what his advice was and answer SO many questions. He is the reason why we're now expecting, when other urologists were very pessimistic he was the only one who gave us hope and was very realistic at the same time. Best urologist in twin cities!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2010

I saw Dr. Maklouf for vasectomy reversal after a failed vas reversal performed by another local Doctor. Our primary goal was sperm extraction for IVF, but when I insisted on being completely "out" for the procedure, we decided to go for another reversal + extraction. Dr. Makhlouf is clearly an expert in his field, and completely open to discussing (and performing) different treatment options. My wife and I recently had a baby through IVF treatment, and now also have a sperm count. I would highly recommend Dr. Makhlouf to anyone with male reproductive issues.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2009

Dr. Makhlouf was an excellent choice for my vasectomy. I chose him because, on his bio page, one of his listed interests is vasectomy reversals. My theory is that, if a guy is good at reversing vasectomies...he must good at doing them. He prescribed some pain medicine, however none was needed. I had absolutely NO swelling or soreness after the surgery. Dr. Makhlouf was an excellent conversationalist during the surgery. I found him very knowledgeable, confident and personable.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2009

Appointments felt rushed. Almost impossible to get answers to follow up questions on treatments or medications

flag | Submitted November 18, 2008

All I can say is he helped me when another doctor just opted out. He is smart BUT allows you to ask questions (Even about dumb internet rubbish) and will explain things. He did not make me feel like a dumb child or a lab rat. I had choices. Very important. I've had so many other doctors that only want you to listen so it was refreshing to have an adult conversation about my care. His staff is delightful and very professional. I was terrified talking about my plumbing problems and his Nurse (and he of course) had a very good bedside manner that lowered the drama level. They also understood a guy not wanting to be "exposed" and took care to limit that when possible. He had some Medical Students who came to check me out but they always asked if this was ok. I give him high marks and would suggest him to others. My issues were Hypogonadism, Orchialgia, Testicular Atrophy.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2008

I don't know what the first rating was all about but my wife and I had been trying to have a baby for 3 years and it wasn't until I saw Antoine a year ago that my wife and I got pregnant this past fall. He's an exceptional specialist who takes the time to both examine the patient and talk to the patient. He's also a very compassionate human being who has witnessed the stress of infertility firsthand via a family member. He's the best doctor I've ever gone too. Please disregard the first comment. It's exttremely hard emotionally when a couple is suffering from infertility and you want to blame the world. I know I was there and I still volunteer within the infertility community (Also in an advocacy capacity). Antoine is extremely involved within the community and one person's pain and emotional anguish shouldn't be takeen at face value.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2007

Dr. A. Tony Makhlouf's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)