Ratings for Dr. Cary Rose

I had ended up in the ER with chest pain, heaviness and shortness of breath at 41. I was put through the entire chest pain workup with no obvious reasons for my symptoms. I was told to follow up with Dr. Rose by the PA who was working in the ER that night. In the meantime, I ended up in the ER again only with abdominal symptoms. At that time I thought maybe my gallbladder was the issue, but that turned out to not be the case. I went the next day and had my initial visit with Dr. Rose. He went on to reassure me that this episode was probably not related to my heart but was due to an esophageal spasm that can cause chest pain. But, he also said he was very cautious with women with chest pain therefore he scheduled me for an echocardiogram the following day. I didn't think too much of it, so I thought it was going to be more of a formality of such. I had picked up my daughter and came in for my appt. I thought she could learn something about the heart and watch the pictures on the screen. After probably 10 minutes, the tech said she was going to get Dr. Rose to have him look at the echo. When he came in, I knew there was something wrong by the looks on their faces. In fact, his nurse, Lori, had tears in her eyes. Dr Rose sat down and told me the news but asst the same time reassured me that finding the aortic root aneurysm was a good thing and they were with me ever step of the way. I was then sent for a stat chest and abdominal CT to check out the extent of my aneurysm. At the same time, they referred me to Mayo Clinic for my subsequent surgical repair. After my surgery, I returned to Dr. Rose for my cardiology follow ups. I am so grateful to Dr. Rose for giving me my life back. My husband and daughter are thankful for your persistence and not just stopping at the esophageal spasm diagnosis. He continued to walk along side me through a few bumps in the road with a bout of atrial fibrillation and palpitations. He was great about reassuring me every step of the way. Dr. Rose is the reason I am here today and writing a review. I would refer anyone to him. He is one of the most caring doctors I have ever met. The poor reviews I have seen are not the Dr. Rose I know. There has never been any unprofessionalism or HIPPA violations that I have witnessed over the last year since I have been his patient. Our medical system needs more doctors like Cary Rose. Sincerely, Dr. Jessica L. Huffman, ND

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr. Rose took care of my mom, son, and father-in-law and was very kind and thorough in his explanations and testing. He spent a great deal of time putting my son and his wife at ease with the arrhythmia issue he was dealing with. My mom has a pacemaker and Dr. Rose did a very good job of reassuring her that she would feel so much better, which she did. My father -in-law has atrial fib and Dr. Rose was very astute at prescribing the right medications for control. He uses a white board to draw pictures and uses plain language to do an excellent job of teaching. I would highly recommend him for any cardiology needs!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I felt very fortunate to have a cardiologist/electrophysiologist, like Dr. Rose so close to my home when I needed tests to get my medical for my pilots license. He was professional, very thorough and most helpful. He left no stone unturned! I highly recommend him. There is no better doctor.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Dr. Rose was extremely rude to my mom and dad and I when we went to see him in the Charles City ER In February 2017. My mom came in with extreme back pain. My mom has several autoimmune disorders so she is a complex case. But that day we came in for something unconnected to her disease. He told us he had no clue why we came to the Er and he couldn't do anything to help us. He told me that my dad was rude which was not true. He then proceeded to tell me that he had a wife and sick children at home but he was still here working. He sent mom home with pain meds. The next day we took her to the mason city Er where she was treated with respect and we found out she had a broken tailbone! So no Dr. Rose she wasn't crazy like you insinuated. I called our Er and reported him. I will never let my family be treated by him!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

This guy is a total quack...I saw him when he was "moonlighting" as an agency doctor in New Hampton in Jan 2016. Why does a cardiologist have to moonlight in the first place? He tried to be funny by doing impressions of his former partner, attempted several times to persuade me to leave my current doctor to see him and accused my family of withholding my medications. He is no longer allowed to work in the hospital in New Hampton.

Submitted May 30, 2016

My mother was refered to see him in Waverly. We are so glad we went. Frankly, we were sick of seeing people who just spent 5 minutes with us behind a computer. My mom has a heaert problem! And we needed answers. Dr. Rose spent a great deal time with us. He went over EVERYTHING, all of her meds, and checked her pacemaker. turns out, the past person didn't program it right, and he fixed it in 2 minutes. In 2 minutes! She wasn't feeling well for over a year, and he figured it out that quickly. Cannot say enough. He is extremely kind, knowledgable, and most of all, he listens to you. And NO computer in the room!! In this day, that is rare. He has our highest recommendation, and would encourage anyone in the Waverly/Nashua/Clarksville area to see him. He has our highest recommendation.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

Dr. Rose is a kind and caring cardiologist. I had seen two doctors before who kept telling me I had anxiety. My husband's mother had a pacemaker and recommended him. He was very patient and listened to me. He quickly diagnosed me as having "frequent pvcs" which was causing all my palpitations for years! Dr. Rose talked to me about my options and I went with the procedure. Although, I was nervous he talked me through it and kept my family informed. I would recommend

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Rose via the ER, I am only 28 and told I had a valve issue. Dr. Rose put me on a medication and see you in 6 months! I am a nurse and know that when you start a new medication that a follow up should be a few weeks not months! I also asked about getting an echo done and he said "it would be a burnden on your wallet, come back in October when you have insurance" Just because I don't have insurance he gets to decide what procedures I get to have? He doesn't know how much money I have! I am going to a different doctor! I have 3 children, if there is something wrong with my heart I don't think it can wait until October! Very disgusted. He also talked down to me and acted like I knew nothing about the medical field. Plus my appointment was at 9:30 and he walked into the clinic at 9:45! And there where 3 people ahead of me. Trust me go to Allen and not to Dr. Rose!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2013

We found Dr Rose extremely kind, empathetic, and knowledgeable. While running late for an appt, his staff kept us very informed as to the emergency procedure he was doing in the hospitle. Answered all questions and concerns thoroughly and concisely. I have a hard time recognizing the doctor described so negatively in earlier reviews. I couldn't recommend this doctor enough. My husband ultimately had several procedures with Dr Rose and I couldn't have asked for a more thorough and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2012

I was seen by dr. rose for a cardiac cath procedure. He was not only attentive but sincere when following up with her. He knew how to speak to an elderly person and stay on track (I tends to ramble.) I felt very comfortable in his care.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

Dr. Cary Rose's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1994)