Ratings for Dr. Peter Richardson

When he's running late, he doesn't say sorry. I don't expect him to mean it, I expect him to SAY it. Introduced him to my husband on my 4th visit and I don't think he even grunted or made eye contact much less shake his hand, which I found very disrespectful. Made rude comments about me to my face as well as was prone to throwing things around the office, having loud SIGHS and throwing his hands up, etc. like I was interrupting his day somehow by being there. One day he started my appointment by saying "Lets make this quick and easy, I've already had a hard day" as if I should try to control my heart condition so as not to inconvenience his already rough day. Outrageous. Would rather die of a heart attack than return to this guy. Bad treatment is not **** or ageist... there was an older man in right before me and I could hear how rudely he was talking to him and treating him the whole time as well. Equal opportunity rudeness is not much of a recommendation.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009

I liked his straightforward no nonsense manner. After all, I was there to get my heart checked not to have a social encounter.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2008

This Dr. is a character, but then I like characters. I have visited his Office on 4several occassions and although gruff, he truly cares about his patients and he saved my life, so I am grateful, so 5+ is my score!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

This was the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. He went out of his way to be rude and unhelpful. When I asked him about the pain in my chest, he said "you're having palpitations. Of course they're uncomfortable. When you bump your elbow it hurts doesn't it". The stress of dealing with a doctor like this is not good for someone who may have heart problems. He makes Greg House seem like Tinky Winky. I can't comment on his knowledge because I decided not to continue with him and got a referral to a very good cardiologist who still managed to be civil.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2008

Obviously an extremely knowledgeable guy. However, I was 10-15 minutes late for my appointment, and he was a total jerk to me. He wrote 'couch potato' on his notes about me. Sorry for being 5'11" and 170 lbs, never smokng, never using caffeine, low carb, no sugar, zero illicit drugs. When he found out I was trying an antidepressant medication for ADD and depression, he started treating soft-spoken, polite, college-educated 29 yr old me like I was a screaming fat 11 year old kid fighting his sister at mcdonalds in Langford. He ran a EKG on me, and just as he started to run the test, 3 of the 8 electrodes came off, and when I alerted him, he shoved my head back down on the table and sternly told me it didn't matter that they came off. Well listen up gramps - I've only designed 2 medical electronic systems, and to my way of thinking, if those electrodes don't matter, why'd you bother putting them on me? I was concerned that you might get an invalid EKG. Sorry for interupting!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2008

very pleased with this dr gruff manner hard to figure at first but is fine once you get to know him

flag | Submitted February 27, 2008

Maybe Ive just lucked out the past with doctors but this was the worst Dr's visit I have ever encountered. He was judgmental,short and grumpy. Got mad that my newborne started to cry,flung blood pressure cuff across the room,left room and said I had a spoiled baby. Needless to say I did not finish off the appointment. I could not say whether he was good cardiologist,but I think its time for him to retire. I would definetly NOT recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2008

Caught a heart attack before it happened, does that merit a five? Crusty would be good word to describe him, but so am I, is very clear on actions to be taken. He always knows exactly where he is.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2007