Ratings for Dr. Riaz S. Cassim

Dr Cassim performed a successful eleven hour surgery on me. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon and team to take care of me and save my life. I'd recommend Dr Cassim to anyone. Excellent Dr.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Dr.Cassim has an arrogant attitude and a difficult accent to understand. He was very unhelpful and would not explain anything. I did not get the impression that he knew much. would not recommend him

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

Dr. Cassim recommended that I receive an ileostomy (bag) stating that it was the "gold standard". This was also the recommendation of the GI doctor, John Shammaa. I consulted Cleveland Clinic and learned this to be untrue and had a laproscropic assist, total abdominal colectomy with illeorectal anastamosis (removal of large intestine only) performed w/no issues by Dr. Dougherty out of Fairfax, VA. Dr. Cassim also relayed a story of a situation in which a patient requested to go with the procedure to avoid the bag and during the operation, Dr. Cassim gave him the bag against his wishes because Cassim decided the patient wouldn't follow up with exams properly. This type of god-playing scared me away more than anything else.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2007