Ratings for Dr. Rhett B. Murray

Two lumbar surgeries on me and one on my wife. I believe that Dr. Murray is a highly skilled and knowledgeable neurosurgeon, however he, like most younger doctor's don't seem to have any compassion or concern for their patients quality of life. He follows protocol just like a script and doesn't believe the patient knows anything about their problem. Despite all of this, he is one of the best. Maybe with time and experience he can treat the patient as well as fix the diagnosis.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2018

Dr. Murray and his staff were there for me from start to finish. I felt like I was the number one person. Thank You all,

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Dr. Murray was very thorough, patient, and made sure all my questions were answered. Very impressed, and eased my mind during a very scary time for me. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

He was in a hurry. Needed my Vns replaced. He said was just changing the battery. I still have no idea if I have the original or just a new battery. He went in the same incision as first one and my Vns is flipping sideways again like the old one and is painful when it does it. They sent me a bill for $1851 and when I checked my insurance form they had billed for cranial surgery. It went in my chest so....I don't know

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

Get a second opinion before allowing Dr. Murray to do surgery on you. He seemed very knowledgeable and polite prior to doing my surgery, and told me he had 95% confidence that the surgery would correct my condition. A year later and numerous office visits later, I am no better. At my 1 year appointment, he told me that I would just have to live with my condition. He even went on to say that my condition was so bad that surgery had no chance of correcting it. Wait times are terrible. Had a 2 hour wait at my 1 year visit.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

This Doctor is a joke. His arrogance is only shadowed by his rudeness to his patients. I had went to see him for a lower Lombard examination, which instead, he x-rayed the back of my neck and said I was fine. Then he wanted need to make another appointment so that he could examine my lower Lombard. He was so brazen that he sent me a bill for an examination that was not even asked to do. He thinks that he's some sort of a healer that as soon as he touches you, you are perfectly healed, and he don't want to see you anymore. Believe me if you can go somewhere else because this guy is no better than a witch doctor.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

I am better after my neck surgery- hardly needed pain meds. Assistant very thorough. Surgeon attentive. No one goes to see a neurosurgeon for fun. Yes I had to wait / he was no more or less hurried than other drs I see. He didn't stick around to chat. His local reputation is excellent.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr. Rhett Murray has no ethics. He doesn't follow the (doctor's medical oath of ethics) to help and treat his patients. Dr. Rhett Murray does not address his patient's questions, concerns, or pain. When asked questions he does not answer the asked questions or inform patient of their diagnoses. He is horribly rude. Dr. Rhett Murray does surgery and then he discharges his patients after their second follow up; without notifying the patient. Dr. Rhett Murray does not help or address patients that are having complications, severe pain, or in need of his medical knowledge. Dr. Rhett Murray's RNs are also rude on the phone. Dr. Rhett Murray has no concern other than making money from surgery. He is known in the medical community of dumping his patients that are having complications and pain on the patient's primary physician. He does not address or help his patients when they are the most vulnerable and of need of his medical help.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2013

Dr. Murray did disc surgery on me back in 1997. I had to look up his address for some paperwork I am completing and noticed the reviews about his arrogance, punctuality, and hurried nature. He was much younger back when he did my surgery so I just figured he was brash. I guess some things never change.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2013

He seemed to be in such a hurry. He spent less than 3 minutes with me. Did not even wait for me to finish my sentences or take time to ask me relevant questions. Very disappointing. Prescribed meds, therapy, corset, and follow up with others in his clinic. I felt like I was going through an assembly line.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

Dr. Rhett B. Murray's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Affinity Insurance Services