You may also like

Ratings for Dr. James C. Wang

I cannot disprove anyone who has been thrilled with having crossed James Wang's doorway. This is how I was introduced to the man....through a very enthused referral. And perhaps he really has helped men and women regain their lives with certain conditions. At my consult this charismatic fellow made it seem like a slam dunk easy procedure to repair a partial tear in my posterior tibial tendon. I was so swept away with his "can do" attitude. The surgery was performed, and then the healing. All during the following year, as I was continuing to feel weakness and pain, he would tell me "just use your core" "exercise your core"...."work the heck out of your foot, and this will only help"....Well, as we all know time does fly by. The window came and went, when I could have taken legal action for what he did (or more accurately, what he did not) address. My pain became grievous, and I knew that I could never trust this man again. But in a way, this man did me a wonderful service. I wised up and methodically had consults with SEVEN foot/ankle surgeons. I was that leery of ever trusting again. When I originally walked through Wang's doorway, he failed to address the fact that my right completely flat foot was also totally collapsing. His tendon repair ended up being nothing more than a bandaid approach to what I was really dealing with. Don't ask how many of the surgeons who I interviewed told me that I could have easily sued him for what he did to me. What I learned though, from one of the fine surgeons at Cedars, sure made that clear. At my consult, the surgeon could look at my paperwork and see that I had seen James Wang. The surgeon asked me what I thought of him. This was the first time in my life that I had ever opened my mouth to moan about someone in the healing arts. The surgeon looked at me and said "Yesterday I was called to testify regarding this man at a mal-practice hearing". The surgeon went on to say that he thought that Wang was "oily". I have the time right now to be writing this review, because 3 years after James Wang had his way with me, I finally trusted again, to have the appropriate surgery that should have been done in the first place. I thank God that James Wang did not do anything that could not be un-done. I am on day 9 of recuperating from a full flat foot reconstruction surgery. I am in for a long journey of recovery, but let me tell anyone who is reading this....when you find an elite surgeon who is at the head of the pack, and you can own that you need this work done, that you are halfway home. I will bring up one more item here that at the time brought me to tears at my first post operative visit with James Wang. That first week of my original surgery, he was very good about personally calling our home to see how I was doing. But at my first visit back into his office, while of course still swaddled and using crutches, he told me within a brief explanation of how I was to get back to using my foot. It had to do with being able to sit with my foot touching the floor, and then after doing this without too much pain, to move onto a few other positions. He did this very fast, and I asked him if he could repeat it to me or have me be able to read his instructions. I swear to God, this man YELLED at me, telling me that he had no time to repeat himself, and that he had more important clients to deal with. What a complete jerk, in addition to his being unethical. I am told though that he has a brother who is a fine doctor. Good luck, everyone! Delete review

flag | Submitted October 10, 2015

AMAZING. He truly is a nice guy and knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

I read the last comment and have to say I researched this persons claims and the trial. This person tried to blame the doctor for her chronic arthritis and she fully signed off on his surgery. She lost the two week trial 12-0 after the jury deliberated for 45 minutes!!! The fact really is that he utilizes techniques that are far advanced to many doctors in the LA area. I went and had surgery with him for a bunion that had an external fixator. Unlike other methods I was able to walk right away and all the other 5 docs I went to would have had me in a cast for 6 weeks. Nothing is left in my foot and I am back to running marathons every few months. Do not blame the doctor for your result. I also read in the court documents that you walk without a limp and teach pilates on a daily basis.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I have just emerged from a jury trial in which we sued this person for the permanent damage he did to my foot with an unnecessary and mangled surgery. This is the third time he has been sued for the same malpractice. Another lawsuit is pending for the exact same misuse of his training and professional oath. He lied to me about what my injury was - a simple fifth metatarsal fracture, lied about the procedure he intended to perform, had me fill out paperwork in which he claimed to be an MD and orthopedic surgeon - which he is not - and performed a surgery that involved drilling four, four inch threaded pins into my foot and attaching an outside rail, for no medical reason. He is deeply invested in the company which manufactures the device he uses, and he uses it a lot. Using this device, he wrongly drilled a 'pin' through a joint. I am left with permanent pain and loss of function in my foot. The device he used is called an 'external fixator' and has legitimate use for complex multiple fractures which are severely out of alignment. My injury was simple, did not require intervention, and was removed by another doctor who was appalled at the device he saw for this simple fracture which should have been treated with a walking boot. Despite our best efforts, we did not prevail in this lawsuit. I remain very appreciative of our judicial system and for the opportunity to face this person publicly, and in a court of law. I am hopeful that these multiple lawsuits being brought against Wang, and this steady humiliating public attention will eventually dampen the ease and sense of imperviousness with which he acts, and harms people who come to him in good faith. I am writing this to caution anyone who encounters this person to seek a different medical professional. He is confident, relaxed and lies easily and without hesitation in a court of law and in his practice. Please beware of this person until he is finally stopped.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

I went to Wang for Planter's in an isolated spot in one foot. He did not take me through the normal course of cures for this common problem, but taped, gave me an exercise and a shot. I was functioning and walking very well and enjoying my daily walks until he made an orthodic. I tried to tell him it was causing horrible pain, but he said to keep wearing it. In short, it caused 3x the problems that weren't there to begin with and then he wanted to do surgery. He told me there was a part added to the orthotics that caused the foot not to be flexible. Now I am left with trying to find a doctor to cure the damage he has caused, a lot of medical bills and I can not walk much at all anymore, let alone my nightly walks. Sadly, my life has changed for the worse.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

Dr. Wang fixed a problem that another surgeon botched. I have been seeing him for 7 years and he has kept me walking. He's a master with treatment avoiding surgery as much as possible, AND the most ethical doctor I have ever known. Thank God for him!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2010

Dr. Wang is an amazing person and a great doctor. He recently performed a complicated surgery on both my feet. His staff is excellent and happy to answer questions and he stays in constant touch - checking in via email and phone - and answering any question, big or small. We both expect a positive outcome to the surgery and while I'm glad I waited to find Dr. Wang, I wish I'd found him years ago.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

Dr Wang used external fixation after removing arthritis growth and scar tissue from a 20 yr old injury. While not completly recovered, he(and I?) are confident the surgery was successful. He is very knowledgable, easy to talk to and surgery follow up was flawless,calling me daily after surgery. with a slight exception to his receptionist who is sweet, but at times a little forgetful. His foremost concern (besides performing sucessful surgery) was pain control, and since I;m a big fat baby when it comes to pain, he was very thorough, and took into consideration my tolerance to pain meds, as I had been taking them for quite some time after an UNsucessful surgry. I would highly recommend him, hje does indeed look very cute in a bow tie.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2008

service: instantaneous if you show up on time. Exudes confidence, knowledge and what more can you say then -- cute, about a guy who wears bow-ties. I met Dr. Wang about 2 weeks before I was expected to run my first marathon. He taped my foot to cheat the deficit he diagnosed in my running gait. And then he did it again and again every 3 days to get me to the starting line. I finished. I am finished with marathons too, and only wish a 10th of my exposure to other doctors could be as comforting and about me as Dr. Wang makes me feel when he is treating me. In-grown toe nails aren't fun, but he takes care of them pretty pain-free too. If you want no drama care, call Diane and make an appoint for Dr. Wang. Mike

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

Dr. Wang is a highly skilled surgeon. Every surgeon I had consulted with previously offered little confidence in being able to fix my very complex foot problem. Upon meeting Dr. Wang, his confidence and expertise in foot deformities and problems was very evident. He was incredibly nice and spent a significant amount of time with me to explain in great detail what happened to my foot and how it could be repaired. He answered all my questions which put me at complete ease with proceeding with the necessary surgery I required to give me a functional foot. The surgery went extremely well and I was given superior post-operative care. He gave me a functional foot and for that I am truly grateful. Dr. Wang is an exceptional surgeon who truly cares about his patients and I am thankful for his expertise in being able to correct my very complex foot problem. I would definitely recommend him. He truly is a gem!!!!! His staff is also wonderful and supportive.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

Dr. James C. Wang's Credentials

• Spanish

• Pennsylvania College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. " I cannot disprove anyone who has been thrilled with having crossed James Wang's doorway. This is how I was introduced to the man....through a very enthused re..."

October 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "AMAZING. He truly is a nice guy and knows what he is doing. "

September 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I read the last comment and have to say I researched this persons claims and the trial. This person tried to blame the doctor for her chronic arthritis and she..."

July 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have just emerged from a jury trial in which we sued this person for the permanent damage he did to my foot with an unnecessary and mangled surgery. This is t..."

March 24, 2015