Ratings for Dr. Joseph Mauro

Dr. Mauro and his staff are to best during very tense times. Everything was explained ahead of time. I would recommend Dr Mauro to any of my family and friends.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

I was in a severe car accident months ago that landed me in the hospital for multiple surgeries. The plastic surgeon on duty stated he did not even want to get near my jaw with how badly it was broken on both sides and advised me to wait for Dr. Mauro. WELL WORTH IT! He was extremely knowledgeable and honest with me at all phases of my surgery and recovery; and made multiple stops to check in on me while still in the hospital. My jaw was broken in half on one side and dislocated from its joint on the other; and now it is as if nothing happened- less than 3 months later! Everyone who saw me following the accident who has seen me now cannot believe how amazing my jaw looks and its all thanks to Dr. Mauro and his staff. His staff were overwhelmingly accommodating for me in terms of scheduling and helping me with short term disability paperwork for my job. I am really taken aback by some of these reviews because I only had a great experience with Dr. Mauro and his staff from start to finish. In addition, he is extremely punctual! On one of my checkups he stated my jaw had healed well enough and we could take the wires off, but I would have to make another appointment. Initially I was bummed, but he explained that he does not like to do anything that isn't scheduled into the appointment time unless it's an emergency so other patients don't have to wait. I could certainly respect that! I would recommend Dr. Mauro in a heartbeat. I can't thank him and his staff enough - especially Angie & Shawn!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Had my wisdom teeth removed. Great staff and very helpful! Highly recommend!!!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

The office staff is amazing and very polite. I had a tooth pulled and had little to no discomfort during healing

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

I've had 10 implants over the years. All successfull. All done by Dr Mauro. Last Thursday he added number 11. I took one motrin within an hour of the procedure and haven't needed anything else for pain since. Needless to say Dr Mauro has my full confidence in his abilities as they are greatly appreciated! Dr Mauro and his staff have always been helpful and curtious.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

Waited two (2) hours appt time to see him. He was very rude and condescending. I told him the reason I was referred to him and he agressively stated that he knew what he was doing and didn't need my input. I immediately got out of the chair and left, never to return. This person has lost his ability to deal with people in a civil manner. NO CLASS.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

If you like rude staff and a abrasive Dr who believes he is the second coming of Christ, then Dr Mauro is your man. His personal ego has no place in this profession. By the way, check your insurance billing statement.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Oral surgery was so severely botched that it took an different oral surgeon eight hours to undo and correct what Dr Mauro had done.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Had three wisdom teeth extracted with only local numbing agents. I was nervous but the staff and doctor were extremely kind. Checked on my pain levels often and talked to me throughout procedure. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

I went to Dr. Mauro because I needed an extraction and I had two implants that I wanted to have done. He broke one root of the molar next to the molar he was extracting because he used that tooth as a fulcrum to rapidly remove the other. I had to sign a no responsibility clause if he should damage a tooth adjacent to the one he was working on, so I have no recourse. He also didn't achieve good anesthesia even though I have no problem with that elsewhere. His bedside manner was horrible. They didn't even clean the blood off my face. My sister found out later that he had put her implant way into her sinus. He told her he x-rayed it and he had come close, but not penetrated the sinus. That was totally untrue. Another dentist found what had really happened on x-ray. I would never go to this man again nor recommend him. It's probably a little late to report him the the ADA, but my sister and I both wish we would have done so. The bedside manner I could take and just not like it, but the damage he did to us both was over the top.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016