You may also like

Rate Dr. Joseph Mauro

Dr. Joseph Mauro's Ratings

Waited 1.5 hours in waiting room. Was told by staff he wasn't going to treat my particular problem as of next month. Dr. interviews me, X-rays were taken, oral exam performed. Then...Dr. referred me to someone else. Why was I even seen? There should have been transparency and information given to me to make my own decision on how I wanted to proceed. I lost out on 3 hours of work, and still charged a co-pay. I'm not pleased with this treatment, and will ask for my $20 co-pay to be refunded. Very disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2911899].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2015

my visit with Dr Mauro was horrible. He is rude doesn't want to help. He will see u for like 5 min and then send you on your way. I have been in the worst pain in my life. cant fill my lip and chin, and have shooting pain to my lip and chin. apperently Nothing they can do about that. I had bone fragments everywhere and one that is not comeing out. Went to see if he would pull it out and he didn't even bother to look for it really. He looked in my mouth for 30 sec and said he couldn't find it. Then said it will fall out eventually. Its 16 days in with a tooth fragment still jammed into my gums. Still doesn't want to help relief my pain. I also went in to get my stitch trimmed because It was pokeing me in my check. when I got in and the doc finally seen me and I told him what was going on. the first thing out of his mouth was oh you know this is going to hurt a lot right. I didn't know freaking out your patients was part of the job but thanks. I had swollen for 20 days now and still browsing on my neck and jaw line. Im still in a lot of pain and have numbness and pain in my lip and chin for the rest of my life. went in with one problem you get 5 others and one that will never go away. That's not the first person I talked to that said they had there wisdom teeth removed in 2013 and still has pain and numbness to this day. so im screwed but if I can help someone else it will be a lil worth it. please do not go to this docter you will regret it and I pretty sure half of this comments are lies on here. That man is not nice only his dental aisistant is and front desk help is nice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2820326].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

My son was seen by Dr. Mauro for extraction of two wisdom teeth. His procedure was done out-patient at Sparrow hospital because of his disability. Dr. Mauro and his staff were excellent in comforting him and helping him deal with his high anxiety levels. He was very attentive and concerned about my son's comfort. I would highly recommend Dr. Mauro to family and friends for any type of oral surgery they may be facing. Dr. Mauro and his staff are amazing-very friendly and concerned with patient care. As difficult as these types of procedures are for patients, it's comforting to know that our care givers ARE really care givers. Many thanks to you, Dr. Mauro AND your wonderful staff!! Debbie & Eric Lansing, MI

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2759367].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

I was seen by Dr Mauro in his Mt Pleasant office for a cyst in the top of my mouth. It was a procedure that required my surgery to be done at sparrow hospital. Dr Mauro's office staff and practice manager helped me greatly with everything from my insurance to other appointments needed with my Medical Doctor to prepare for my hospital surgery. On Feb. 28th, 2015 Dr Mauro preformed my surgery at Sparrow and I was released a couple hours later. Dr Mauro was very informative to my family member whom was with me at the time of the surgery and was satisfied with the surgery. I felt that he was absolutely wonderful in handling my case, he was very informative, and his staff was very helpful through the whole procedure. With my previous health issues my mouth decided not to heal the way that Dr Mauro thought that it should be. In fact it was something he had never seen before. Which would be just like me to have an issue that no body had seen before. His concern and follow up has been absolutely wonderful. He is monitoring my healing greatly and is impressed with the way in which it going now. I am grateful and very impressed with Dr Mauro's professionalism and work. Him and his staff are absolutely wonderful.

Dawn
Midland MI

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2758517].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

My experience at Dr. Mauro's office was exceptional. I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2757641].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

I highly recommend Dr Mauro if you are looking for an excellent oral surgeon that is highly skilled and caring. I am so impressed with my dental implants he put in for me as I have extreme bone loss. His staff is so friendly and run a very efficient office. I was in excellent hands at Dr Mauro's office and highly recommend him. I have worked in the medical field for over 40 years and I know quality when I see it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2734102].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

Worst Staff and Office, more concerned about money and highly cunning with the bills they send or give. Watch out, if possible avoid to your level best

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2730221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2015

I saw Dr. Mauro because I need extensive work done on my teeth. I found both the Dr and his staff to be awesome. They were punctual and very willing to discuss the problems with my teeth. They were very nice and easy to talk to. Everything about them was very professional. I feel very comfortable with having my dental work done there. I'm very nervous about all the work to be done in my mouth but I'm very thankful to Dr. Mauro, his assistant and the whole staff for their help and for making me feel comfortable. Thank You very much! Carolyn N.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2604420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

I was seen by Dr.Mauro today. I found everything about the staff and Dr to be absolutely comfortable and professional. I'd never been there before and was referred to him by my personal dentist for an abstraction. While there, even though not in original plan, I explained my schedule and how difficult it is to make dental appointments. I brought up the 3 wisdom teeth I was told I'd eventually have to have surgically removed. He was kind enough to take care of all of my needs during this one appointment. I'm very thankful to him and his assistant. They could have easily stated I'd have to return for a future appointment to take care of my wisdom teeth. I've read some negative comments on here. There was absolutely no negativity in my visit. I wouldn't hesitate to return to him should I ever have a need. Thank you Dr. Mauro & staff.
Hiedi A.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598093].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

My dental hygienist discovered a tongue lesion and referred me to Dr. Mauro's office for an evaluation. I asked around town, and his reputation is impeccable as an oral surgeon. I was pretty scared, but he and his staff were extremely compassionate and reassuring. Dr. Mauro excised what turned out to be a rather large lesion from the way back base of my tongue under only local anesthesia. He put 7 large stitches in as well. It turned out to be benign. Throughout the entire surgery, he and his staff were extremely kind and sensitive, trying their best to comfort me. Dr. Mauro is a saint, and we are fortunate to have him in our community, particularly if you realize all of the pro-bono and reduced-fee work he does for the uninsured and low-income people in our community, not to mention all of his charity work.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2570609].votes_count ]]