Ratings for Dr. Edward G. Hames

After having read these reviews on Dr. Hames, I am shocked! He was the Neurosurgeon we worked with in 1996 when our 9 year old daughter had a brain tumor deep in her brain. He was amazing, kind, compassionate, knowledgeable, a good listener, and did everything possible to assist us in understanding what was happening with our daughter. She underwent two surgeries, one of which was considered incredibly risky, and a year's worth of rehab and all these years later, is a licensed teacher, married with two children, and loving her life. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not thankful for Dr. Hames. Perhaps he has changed in the last several years, but it's difficult for me to imagine how the doctor we credited in saving our daughter's life an be the same individual who is being so disparagingly spoken of here.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr. Hames gives great care and is a talented surgeon. Explained procedure until I understood. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Dr was antagonistic on entering room for initial consult. Stated he did not care abount my spinal pain. Since I was78 years of age I only had about 3 more ears to live and should forget about any surgical relief and go on with these last few years. No exam was even performed except for a very minmal evaluation after he became aware that I was a retired MD.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2012

Very rude, very short and did not listen to anything I said. After looking at my images he said " I have no idea why you're in Pain?" and left the room and did not return. Seemed to mumble to himself..my wife and I walked out of his office totally confused as to what just happened. Stay far away from this guy!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2012

I also had a very difficult interaction with this physician. He also refused to look at prior imaging studies I brought along to my appointment from CDI. When I pressed him and asked him to please look at them since I had traveled quite a distance to see him he verbally attacked me! He told me that he didn't need to look at those films to tell me there was nothing wrong with me, he already knew nothing was wrong with me and that my pain was all in my head! I left his office sobbing and felt shamed into not seeking further help for several years. Once I did finally see another doctor, I was diagnosed with a chronic, degenerative disease that had herniated 16 of my spinal discs. Much of that damage was visable on the CDI studies Dr. Hames had refused to look at. I don't know why he has this bizzare hang-up about digital images, but he needs to get over it and take care of patients presenting to him with these studies.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

Presents a clinical demeamor which is less than professional. Dismisses the field of neurology. Refuses to use any diagnostic image studies from CDI. Uses film based imaging studies only. DICOM prints are 300 - 400 dpi. Does not make use of high resolution displays in clinic which are on the same level as reading radiologist.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

Dr. Hames was very rude and did not listen. He would ask where I was having pain and at no time did he look to see where I was trying to show him. His partner Dr. Nagib is far more knowledgeable and caring and will give you answers to your questions. I would NEVER see Dr. Hames again.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

Very friendly, very knowledgeable. He remebers small details and asks about them, even months later. Very sympathetic to the whole family, can communicate very well with both adults and children.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2007

Outstanding Neurosurgeon

flag | Submitted August 1, 2007

Dr. Edward G. Hames's Credentials

• Univ Of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 55455 (Grad. 1980)

AHC