Ratings for Dr. Laurie Komorowski

Doing nothing is sometimes harmful. Patients have to ask and give ideas as to what they need or want, this one can't think for herself, pretty useless. Doesn't want to send on to more than one specialist at a time, we all know how slow OHIP is, need 2 specialists to colaborate on a health situation, I'm not going to spell it out, she's not 3 but likes the word NO. If you have a difficult disease, this is not the doctor to go to. Simpler the better. Staff are awesome.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

While Dr. Komorowski was very helpful in getting my boyfriend treated for a hernia she was not helpful when he visited her twice presenting back pain and a very noticeable lump on his spine, she both times prescribed massage, and anti inflammatory medication. She did not even take the time to examine the lump, just chalked it up to strained muscle pain. Thankfully she had no available appointments the next time my boyfriend had to see a doctor about his persistent back pain, and the doctor he did see knew right away that there was a problem and sent him for scans and referred him to a specialist right away. He has been diagnosed with a very rare bone cancer that is now one year after seeing Dr. Komorowski deemed inoperable because it is too big of a tumor on his spine. This has doubled in size since Dr. K sent him home with advice to get a massage, and this cancer could have been re-sected if she only would have taken the time to examine her patient.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

If you need paperwork done she will wait till the last minute to get it done causing undo financial hardship

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I have been a patient of hers since she first opened her practice. I feel VERY BLESSED to have her as my primary care physician. She has an excellent bedside manner and always makes me feel comfortable and that she truly cares for me and my health. If she cant help you, she will send you promptly to a specialist that can. She always takes the time to ask how I am doing and NEVER rushes me thru an appt. If she is a little late getting to see you it's probably because she is doing her job and truly listening to the patient before you and trying to help them. Also, if you don't like waiting a little for an excellent Dr. then maybe you should move to the U.S. and pay for your appts. I Would reccomend her to ANYONE and think she is really one of the best Dr.s in canada if not,all of north america. I cannot say enough good things about her and the way she has truly helped me and given me back my life.I hope she never retires as the health care system would be out one of it"s best and finest.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

Dr.Komorowski is a wonderful doctor. I have been dealing with health issues associated with my work for a number of years now and she has always made herself available to me. She is also my grandmother's doctor and she has been very helpful to her as well. Since she does not work full time hrs, booking appointments requires some flexibility my part but there is always a doctor in the office to whom available when she is not.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

Dr. Komorowski is a very professional, intelligent and knowledgeable family physician. She may not have been right on time but the point was already made surrounding ongoing health care flaws. Laurie has always answered all my questions to her best abilities, provided resources that are available and addressed any concerns I shared. I have always felt comfortable during assessments and appointments. Further more I have recommended her to memebers of my family and they too are more then satisfied with the care they receive. We call to make appointments ahead of time to prepare for the demand on health care providers.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2012

*impossible to book appointment. I've been trying to get my son in for two months now to see her, she is always on vacation or not taking appointments. *one of the few times i actually got in to see her, my son had a very bad rash. she said that it was probably a yeast infection so just treat for that. she didn't even look at it. I am very dissappointed with the staff as well.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

Dr.Komorowsk is a fine family doctor. She's not excellent but she's not the worst either. She will take time to listen to your concerns but doesn't always act upon them unless you ask her to. She's friendly but not overly proactive. She is willing to look things up in her books (illnesses/medications) so that's good. Since she's not overly proactive I like to go into appointments prepared with specific questions. As I said, she's a "fine" doctor.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010

Dr. K is very caring & listens to what I have to say about my problems. She has always been able to help me, or refer me to someone if needed. She always checks drug interactions, which is a huge problem with my help. If she is unsure of something, she will look it up with you there. She never rushes you through an appointment. My only complaint is that she is always booked & you can wait for 3 months to get a normal appt with her. There are ways of getting in to see her if she has cancellations but that is often difficult & time consuming to arrange.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2009

Dr. Komorowski is aiding me in my first pregnancy. It is truly special to share this with her.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2008