Ratings for Dr. Luc Lapointe

After years of affording this man the benefit of the doubt to account for his unpredictability, I can no longer hide my disappointment . His "service" can be courteous and professional or it can be mired by an acerbic moodiness that is akin to an impetuous child. At times he applies rigor and thoughtfulness to his diagnoses, and at other times his research and questioning is superficial and piecemeal. Based on the chastising he once gave for missing an annual physical, I can only surmise that he puts unrealistic expectations on his patients - he does not suffer fools gladly. In my well-considered opinion, Luc's pretension is a compensatory mechanism for perfunctory care.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Dr Lapointe helped me with a issue that I could not get other doctors to help with. He has also listened and advised me very nicely. I feel I am safe and cared for by him.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

In alignment with consensus, he's condescending, arrogant and combative. He informed me he didn't want to be a doctor, he just went though the process because he was told he wasn't smart enough. He should not be interacting with patients.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

He's a double minded Doctor . The bad thing is he will trade you with clinical research program.He think he is the creator of your daily life.His has a very fast action for reference to specialists. He would treat you only for what he wants to, He wants all of your medical record from all of your past and present doctors and force you to leave ( not to take treatment) those doctors. He will fine you his known specialist or he will trade you or put you into medical recruiting research pro gramme. He will make a big picture and urge you to join the research program Never accept his offer for any of patient research program.Never tell him which doctor you are taking treatment other than him.You will lose your other doctors. In other word: he wants to control all of your mental, physical , emotion and you medical treatment with other Doctors. You can not just walk in to his clinic.It's not like apple tree clinic. All in all :for references, specialists you can depends on him, never ever mentioned to him your other doctors, Check the doctor if that is a research doctor.If so refuse his offer

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

As he was about to vaccinate my child after telling me how important it was, I asked him what's in the vaccine, he put the needle on faster than I could stop him and said "I don't even know!" NEVER AGAIN!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

When I first started seeing Dr. Lapointe I found him professional, to the point and a bit under-whelming. I would go in for my appointments, things would run mostly on time, and when it was my turn I'd feel my concerns were a little rushed. I've had a couple of minor health issues we haven't quite been able to pin-point the cause of, although they have gotten better following his advice. However, since having fertility issues and becoming pregnant I am soooooo happy to have him as our doctor. He has been patient with my millions of questions, gone above and beyond to squeeze us in on the same day when we didn't have appointments when complications have arisen (our obgyn's office had busy signals the whole time, or never followed up to tell us test results, or dismissed my pains as "well, pregnancy can be uncomfortable") and he's given great un-biased counselling on what all of our options were. We're both so happy to have him as our doctor!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

While ordinarily a good family doctor - and mindful of reminding me of checkups - this past half year it seems like he's done his best to push me away. From an intestinal blockage that had to be surgically removed to the near-total constipation I've been dealing with for the past two and a half months, to a lack of empathy or understanding of the notion that I'm unable to travel faster than on a bus or that due to the nature of said constipation I typically find myself incapable of straying far from a toilet, and find myself weak and exhausted from straining for nothing, a decision that is not at all of my choosing. At any rate, he once was good, but has apparently decided now that I'm not to be one of his patients...without informing me.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

I have had Dr. Lapointe as my family physician for 5 years now. He also treats my wife and two children. He is detail oriented and never misses a thing. And when the need arrises he has always referred us to the best of specialists. The office manager Claudine is friendly, personable and as previously noted the office is always on time. I am so relieved to have them both taking care of my family!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Never thought I'd find another physician as good as dr. W. Procter, who I had for 20 years. Dr. Lapointe has surpassed my expectations and has given me a renewed faith in the medical system. His assistant Claudine is excellent, always tries to get you in a quickly as possible, and the office actually runs ON TIME! I was given not only suggestions, but also options on how to proceed with my care. Thank you for your professionalism.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Dr. Lapointe for our family, he is the BEST!!!!! Thank you for the good work you do Dr.!

Submitted January 31, 2015