Ratings for Dr. Ann Brown

Ann and her NP are fine - IF you have PCOS. However, they are also prone to diagnosing PCOS based solely on the presence of cysts, even when endocrine signs are completely lacking. I saw them for three years, knowing that I didn't have PCOS, and they refused to consider other options. Even after telling me that my insulin and testosterone were "the most beautiful levels" they'd ever seen, they still tried to shackle me with the PCOS dx. Turns out, it's a thyroid problem that they completely missed. Too bad. I'm sure they're great if you happen to have their disease of choice.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

She came highly recommended and so did her nurse practitioner. They were both highly knowledgeable about my condition, allowed me to stay as long as necessary and encouraged me to ask any questions without worrying about time.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2007

Dr. Brown is one of the best PCOS doctors in the state for diagnosis. She was the first to put me on medication, and was willing to try Metformin, even when my blood suger was normal. Once patients are diagnosed, however, she is not as interested. Her bedside manner is that she's a little bored that you're there or seeing her and not the nurse practitioner.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2007

Dr. Ann Brown's Credentials

• Stanford University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Top Hospitals in Chapel Hill, NC