Ratings for Dr. Jane Allen

Worst Doctor ever.. Rude, mean, made me feel like I was the worst person ever for not wanting to having a csection. Gave me false information in order to force the csection on me. Hate her

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

I was pregnant, but lost the baby due to genetic issues, and received a D&E at a different facility by a doctor not from this practice. I was seen by Dr. Allen (my regular OB) 2 weeks post D&E for a pelvic exam to be sure I was healing properly. The appointment was incorrectly billed to my insurance company as genetic counseling, based off of a conversation I had with Dr. Allen after the pelvic exam. At no point did anyone inform me that they were considering the appointment genetic counseling, and I certainly never requested it. The office has refused to rectify their mistake. Since my insurance does not cover genetic counseling, this means I have to cover the entire bill. There have also been other incidents of misinformation/miscommunication with this office. I will never go back there again.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

I disagree with the negative feedback other patients have given, and I have to question whether they are talking about the same Dr. Jane Allen. She's very patient, thorough, and was able to make a differential diagnosis that maybe saved my life and my pregnancy. She was VERY sharp, careful, and especially sensitive to my emotions at a time when I needed a doctor who could see the whole "me" and recognize me as a person. I am forever grateful to Dr. Allen for the support she provided, and for her medical expertise; she is absolutely at the very top of her field.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

Dr. Allen is fantastic. I empathize with the patient who had a bad experience, but I have been Dr.Allen's patient for 8 years and she is absolutely the best... Incredibly intelligent, progressive, great bedside manner, patient, and empathetic. She saw me through two difficult pregnancies and I would recommend her to my dearest friends. In fact, my sister, newly pregnant, is planning to drive for over an hour to see Dr. Allen for every visit. She is also active in the community and participates in numerous programs for working mothers. One of the very best.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

Please ladies, don't use Dr. Jane Allen ever, if you care for your health at all. I had an emergency c-section by her uncaring hands. She tore my urethra where I lost a lot of blood. To stop the blood flow during surgery, she stuffed my vagina with surgical guaze and forgot to remove it! Two weeks later, I was coming down with 103.6 level fevers, chills and bodyaches and not knowing why. Her office said I was probably just exerting myself too much and dismissed it when I called. She hadn't even asked me to come in for a follow-up. Thankfully, I went to my urologist for a follow-up to make sure my urethra stitches were healing. My urologist found the stinky piece of guaze stuck in my vagina for two weeks that was causing bladder and kidney infections. As I write this, I'm back in the hospital, being treated for this infection that was caused due to Dr. Allen's negligence. PLEASE don't use her. If you need more information, contact me.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

My expererience Loudoun Physician's for Women, Leesburg, VA 20175 2/22-3/24 was horrible/extremely frustrating: Nurse Pract/Michelle was a complete idiot & a waste of time if you're expecting a thorough follow-up. She is incapable of recognizing emotion & what to actually do with it. Never in her tone & hearing from a new patient my concerns & a need for more clarification, did she suggest anything or to have a the doctor call me. All she did was tell me no & test is what it is. Doct/Jane D. Allen, M.D. was not any better. Shared my concerns & she was worse & an idiot, looked away alot, wanted to get out quickly & made up excuses. She had no care in her eyes or tone. I felt like a piece of chewed up bone ready to be thrown away in the trash then to the next room. She wrote on my exam notes, "Long 20 minute discussion...". That just confirmed her not caring for her patients. Anyone who wants to go there is wasting there time & will be treated like****.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Dr. Allen is wonderful. I recommend her to all of my friends. I never feel rushed during appointments. She always takes the time to answer all of my questions. She delivered my daughter and it was such calm, wonderful experience. She always makes me feel at ease.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2008

Rushed service, doesn't make you feel valued as a patient. Poor communication from staff members. I went else where.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2008

Canceled appointments, rushed, made errors in reading test results, neglected to order appropriate tests - but is capable of better service if patient can get her attention.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2007

Dr. Jane Allen's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Oxford