Ratings for Dr. Hilari L. Fleming

Dr. Fleming is a very good doctor but her staff is a nightmare. Had surgery in 2008. The staff assured me the hospital took my insurance. After the surgery I found out the hospital did not take my insurance. Hospital wanted to charge me $32000. What a nightmare. It took 6 months to fix this and the staff offered no help. Just "I'm sorry". Well 14 months later they call me and tell me the assistant surgeon wasn't paid enough and I may have to pay it. Wanted my help with the insurance. I could not believe they would actually do this. I did call ins. and try to find out what happen. Office did not bill for 5 months and then charged way over the contracted amt. Ins. assured me they could not make me pay. I do not understand such a good doctor having such an inadequate uncaring staff. No sympathy for what they did to me then threaten me when they messed up again. Beware of this staff if you are seeing Dr. Fleming. Stay on top of everything. Trust them for nothing.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2009

Truly amazing surgeon! She is difficult to see because of her excellence but quick to get in "emergencies" which I must have been. 2 days after MRI she had me in the office. Refused to believe I was person from the scan she sent me to their lab for a quick confirmation xray. YEP! That was me! Calling her colleagues into the exam room as they came down the hallway to consult impromptu, more than one doubted I was the person in the scan. She asked me if she could send my scan &test results to colleagues around US to get counseling on best course of action. YES! About a month later I went in for a laminectomy of vertebraes 2 through 7 do to severe stenosis of the spinal cord causing spinal fluid occlusion from around the chord & spurs of bone growth into the spinal chord itself! After the surgery when she came to see me in the hospital I got up to thank her, she stepped back and gasped, worrying me I did something wrong, she assured me I did something wonderful--functioned fully! Best Dr

flag | Submitted November 6, 2008

Dr. Fleming is a very knowledgeable surgeon. She takes the time to listen to her patients' concerns, and is never condescending. There are sometimes mixups with the office staff and also her assistant, but the doctor herself is wonderful and highly recommended. Since she is one of the most requested neurosurgeons in Reno, she is VERY difficult to make an appointment with (unless it's urgent-then she gets you right in).

flag | Submitted August 21, 2005

Dr. Hilari L. Fleming's Credentials

• Univ Of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch Of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 27599 (Grad. 1985)