Ratings for Dr. Richard Housley

Dr. Housley is excellent. He saw my son this week and he and his staff were friendly and helpful. We found his manner outstanding and very reassuring.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

Great doctor however needs to work on getting to appts on time

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Dr. Housley treated me this past week and was very pleased with his professionalism and manner. Lois Fiore

flag | Submitted February 11, 2018

No stars for Dr Housley. I am a terminal stage IV colorectal patient because this Dr missed my cancer when I had my 1st colonoscopy done by him. My next colonoscopy from him was 5 years later. When the cancer was found. My family Dr sent me to Juravinski Cancer center where every Dr. I saw said Dr. Horsley "missed it" when i was 46, because of the size etc. They also said " he missed it on the way out". Because of the advanced cancer, it went to my liver and both lungs. I was 51 at diagnosis. I'm upset with this man who calls himself a Dr. My opinion...he needs to slow down and take his time and do a better job with the colonoscopies. He races from one procedure to the next one......like were on an assembly line. He has cost me my life with his inadequate and rushed care. I'm left wonder when my time is up.....living one day at a time and no way am I wanting to die. DO NOT USE THIS DR. Just my honest thoughts. A terminal former patient in Stevensville Ontario.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

I loved Dr Housley and would recommend him to everyone.He has a wonderful bedside manner and is very knowledgeable and caring.A great man with a great staff..Love him..Debra Bisson

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

My mother didn't exactly tell me she had Cirrhosis of the liver, but all i know is she had a h3ll of a time getting help. She kept being re-admitted to the hospital, her symptoms became worse, and 3 months later we lost her. I now just got told my Dad has an appointment with him in December.. Now im scared. Would never ever recommend him even to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Wish I would have been this site three years ago, when my father was referred to him for severe bowel issues. He was seen by Housley once in the hospital, and was told to call his office for an appointment once my father was released. Dad followed the instructions, calling his office several times, but was told each time that the doctor made his own appointments and wasn't available to do that at that time. Unfortunately for all of us, two months later Dad was re-admitted to hospital, where he died a month later, without Dr. Housley ever having made time for the appointment he himself told my father to make with him.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

I first saw dr. Housley when I was admitted into the Niagara Falls hospital becauae of excruciating pain in my upper right side of my stomach. It turned out my lipase were over 10,000 I was put on a note eat no liquid diet. after MRIs, cats scans, ultrasounds I was told I had pancreatitis and had gallstones blocking my pancreas. Dr. Housley told me that he would like to take out the gallstones and my gallbladder a couple days I'm by and I never even seen him by then I was upset I was done released and told that I can be treated as an outpatient as I just had a baby a couple weeks before they told me to call dr. Housley on Friday if I didn't hear anything I called him Friday and spoke to his secretary she was very rude I might add she told me she had to talk to dr. Housley before I could make an appointment well 3 weeks go by I then get a call from the secretary saying I no longer need to see him and follow up with my family doctor. I'm still having severe pain once a week this all happen the second week of July and still ongoing. I would never recommend dr. Housley to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Dr Housley is very knowledgeable. My experience was great with him it took me a while to get an appointment but I had no regrets. Will recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

Love Dr. Housley. Puts you at ease right away, very knowledgeable and a great doctor!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017