Dr. Michael A. Gureasko

Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Gureasko

The most rude and arrogant doctor I've ever met. He already had his treatment and diagnosis of me before even meeting me and rudely interrupted any time I tried to offer background information on myself, which he seemed very little to be interested in. I left the appointment feeling worse than when I went in.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Dr. Gureasko is a great doctor. I just wished he would have compromised on the medication selection a little more. I don't see him anymore but I do respect him

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Very rude dr I ever met in my life. He was rude very second when we sat down. This was over ten years ago. I reported his behavior. There was no reason for him to act this way., Do no recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I am an immigrant to the US. When I started seeing Dr Gureasko my English was not very good. I also have tinnitus and cannot hear very well. After a few sessions Dr Gureasko started saying"you must learn English" when I could not understand some of the things he said. This and other derogative manners became more frequent with time and were the reason I quit seeing him.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2014

I love this dr. helped me so much. Much like a father figure now.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Very rude, not likable person. He drilled me with rapid fire questions and said he had me figured out in under 3 minutes of discussion, if you want to call it that. I think he's used to severe cases, and since I have mild bipolar / bipolar ii, he seemed irritated that I was there. One visit, and I won't be going back.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Others talked and gave me medicine. Dr. G. whacked me out a serious D&A problem and back into my life in about 80 days. He works closely with AA and followed up by phone to make sure I stayed on track. He is somewhat quirky and random and didn't leave me feeling warm and fuzzy. Very knowledgable and effective. Cares about what he is doing and knows what it takes. I'm better. Worked for me.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

Not at all worth getting into a conversation with unless you just have to. i learned quickly that he was there to prescribe drugs and my therapist would help me with the rest. on the plus side, i am in and out quickly and only have to go every few months to get a renewal. you get used to him after a while, but (as far as i'm concerned) learn quickly to keep your mouth shut, get your prescription and get out.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

I am impressed with Dr. Gureasko's approach to treating me. My experience with other Psychiatrists has been very centered on prescribing meds. Dr. G doesn't prescribe unless he absolutly thinks you need it. He definitly has me on the right track.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

He just sits and looks at you and does not ask about side effects or affective changes with the meds prescribed. He did select excellent meds for my situation and I have no side effects, so I am pleased. He is aloof, but takes a thorough history at first session and appears knowledgeable. When you ask a question is often makes a snide remark or is sarcastic. He is hard to like but not a bad person.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2011

Dr. Michael A. Gureasko's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1969)