Ratings for Dr. Karen L. Lee

I would recommend Dr. Lee to anyone struggling with infertility!!!!!! I loved Dr Lee since our first meeting. She's very kind, sweet, informative, knowledgeable and patience! She made me feel so comfortable and gave me hope! I was under another doctors care for almost 4 years and never made me feel the same way as Dr. Lee! I starred treatment with her on April and found the problem that may be interfering on becoming pregnant. She will explain every single step of the treatment and will be there for you answering questions and supporting you emotionally! She will NEVER pushing you to do some kind of treatments in order to make money, she naught be tell you not to do it if she is not sure that will work on you, she cares about your finically situation too!!!! God send me an angel from heaven and she's Dr. Lee, I trust her with my eyes close. I haven't get pregnant yet but Shes working on my and taking care of me and I know Deep inside of me that she'll be the one in making my dream to come true!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Very disappointed with Dr. Lee. Had our initial consultation and she seemed to be very involved and caring. She was sympathetic to our concerns and put me on a new prescription. I lost my right tube due to an ectopic pregnancy five years ago and she recommended I get an HSG test to check the viability of the other tube, labwork, and a analysis for my husband. Great! We quickly learned she is a case where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand was doing. It took my husband over two months to finally get scheduled for the analysis. He was told he would need to go to the southlake office to have it done, but when he called the southlake office, the scheduler either didn't answer the phone (and couldn't be found when he told the receptionist they weren't answering) or he was told he needed to call the dallas office for that test. When he called the dallas office and told them what was said, they told him he'd have to go through the southlake office. He finally had to complain to dr. Lee to get the test scheduled. When I went in for my HSG with Dr. Lee, she kept asking me to turn a certain way for the test, which was extremely painful. She then told me I had a problem and my right tube appeared to be blocked. I was shocked and told her I didn't have a right tube, it had been removed due to the ectopic which she had documented in our initial consult. She then apologized and said "oh right!". Did she not review my chart prior to the procedure? Then, she took me in the hallway to review my labwork as she claimed there were no exam rooms available. Other patients and people are walking past us and she's got my chart opened and is reviewing my lab results. Hello HIPPA? I asked for a private room and she looked very upset but did manage to find one. Then while reviewing my labs she recommended I start a medication that she had put me on already after my initial consult. When I said this, she again looked confused and said, "oh right". She recommended I start clomid and said I would need to come back in for another appointment the first day of my next period to get evaluated and start th clomid for my next cycle. Clomid is time sensitive and has to be taken on certain days. The first day of my next period I called and was told I needed to call the southlake office for that appointment. I called the southlake office and guess what? They said I needed to call the dallas office. I called the dallas office and they insisted I had to call the southlake office. At this point my spouse and I decided not to go back. Her office staff clearly have no idea what is going on, and I wondered if she even knew which patient she was working with during my HSG. We will not be going back to her.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

After almost two years trying to conceive my obgyn and family doctor both recommended Dr. Lee. After all the exams done, nothing was wrong, which is even more frustrating. So, Dr Lee explained we were going to try IUI first since there was nothing "wrong" meaning the reason of not getting pregnant was unknown. We tried the first cycle and I had a reaction to clomid, next cycle changed medication and I got pregnant with triplets!! Unfortunately, one of the babies had some development issues (nothing related to treatment) and, he now is a little star in heaven. My twin girls are almost 4 years old and, they are my universe! With a high risk pregnancy I was put in bed rest at 24 weeks and Dr. Lee visited me at the hospital!!! Note that I was not under her care anymore. She explains you everything, we made decision together, their staff is great, the nurses are great in taking your blood without pain, etc, etc. I highly recommend her!!!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Dr. Lee is the absolute best. We have been in her care since our first ivf baby in 2010 and I could not imagine seeing anyone else. She is kind, caring and so amazingly knowledgable. I'm always sad to leave her care to see my regular OB because that's how spoiled I feel by going to her office. The front office and her nurses are on the ball and if I ever have had an issue or concern, they are quick to get me in. I would recommend Dr. Lee to anyone seeking a true professional who really does care. My only complaint is that same gender couples and single-by-choice-moms aren't afforded the amazing care here, but maybe one day??

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Dr. Lee is fantastic. I am so glad my gyno recommended her when we decided it was time for a specialist. Dr. Lee recommended a laparoscopy during which she found Stage 2-3 endometriosis. She is so knowledgeable, thorough, and caring. I feel so lucky to be in her care! I really trust her. Her staff is great and my appointments are always on time. Now here's to hoping I get pregnant on my own in the next 6 months. But if not, I know I will return to her for her help!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Dr.Lee, despite the contradictory ratings on this site, blew me away with her knowledge, compassion, and the amount of time she took to explain things to me. Since being diagnosed with PCOS I was told I would more than likely never have children due to the severity of it. My husband and I have wanted children for 2 years, and have had many miscarries. She was so kind, sensitive even, to my weight, miscarriages, and past experiences. She is very thorough on my medical conditions, my husbands medical history, etc. she really made me feel optimistic and hopeful. She is the nicest doctor, and she really listens. She DID NOT push IVF or IUI on me. She actually wants me to try more medication first. She cares about my health, my emotional well being, and even my insurance coverage!!!! Idk about anyone else! But that is a first for me! I can't wait to keep seeing her! You won't regret a visit!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

We are currently going through our first IVF cycle after 2 years of unsuccessful efforts with another doctor. I'm very surprised in reading some of the negative reviews. Our experience has been wonderful from the very beginning with a consultation appt to ordering meds and learning now how to give the injections. Dr Lee is not a type A personality but is extremely caring and knowledgable. She will take time to review your medical history/ family history and talk with you about YOUR goals. She won't force IVF on you she will recommend options. We immediately chose IVF because I am 39 and we wanted to increase our chances of conception. As a cash pay patient it's costly but we knew that going into this. The staff (especially Ashley) are amazing! Call me back same day and will spend as much time as you need. We should transfer mid August so I hope to write back soon with a success story!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

after twice failures by Dr. Karen Lee, I got PG by other doctor now. I have to tell you, please go see other dr. don't waste your money, time and deal with emotional recoup. it's hard, i have been there and done there. And don't be deceived by initial consultation. she seems very nice. Your PG is not her first priority. because you pay her anyway, even it fails her service was done for you. More importantly, don't trust just because her harvard medical degree, it's not important. She has absolutely no bed-manner.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

conceived on own after being told "need" to do IUI or IVF by her colleague- saw Dr. Lee for a f/u appointment where very doom and gloom told can't offer optimism (even though at that point was 8 weeks pregnant and on track with healthy heart beat)- when asked why was just told about high miscarriage rates in 1st trimester- I was so incredibly scared (TERRIFIED) and in the greatest stress of my life. they wanted to do serial ultrasounds every week to "watch for" a spontaneous abortion but when we kept asking why they told us "to offer reassurance" but they never reassured of us of anything (nor could you in 1st trimester!)- and then when we said these visits were getting very expensive (425$/week for US and office visit) I was told "well you have insurance" (which we did but VERY high deductible (3.5K) we ended up loosing the pregnancy at end of 1st trimester and I still wonder if it was from stress from this office or something else that was going on that didn't know about.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

I fired her and went to another office. When we first met her she was all sweet and gave us hope. But she never cared to diagnose my problems. Instead she just sold us straight to IUI. I felt like she just followed a handbook after she got her license. My insurance did not cover any of the IUI and injections, so I was paying cash, doing the prepaid package option, yet the office still insisted to take both mine and my husband's insurance information and social security numbers. Talk about invasion of privacy! My appointments were always late, and the receptionist looked like she's always in a bad mood. With no results after almost a year, we switched to another doctor in Frisco instead. He diagnosed my problem, just gave me simple medications to regulate my cycle, and I conceived naturally without any invasive procedures. She's done poorly in our view and we would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012