Ratings for Dr. Dodge A. Slagle

He knows his stuff! Much more than a 15 minutes med check psychiatrist. Listen, is respectful. He is tough to get in to see as he has a full practice,, he is in high demand but is the best in LV. Sometimes the wait is a bit long due to an emergency (he does Hospital and correctional facilities I think) the staff is excellent, always call with reminders or changes in schedule, always call back, usually the same day.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Dr. Slagle is an excellent doctor. He is very knowledgeable, and helped me with bipolar depression and panic and anxiety. I wish he had a better staff. I was told to go to another doctor for my problem when I asked to have him call me because I had to wait for a month to see him and my scheduled appt. was many weeks away. I was experiencing severe anxiety, and decided to tough it out until my appt. rather than continue to press the staff for him to contact me. I don't believe he is aware of this.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Dr.Dodge A. Slagle's staff is very polite and friendly. Dr. Dodge Slagle helped me tremendously when I moved here from New York over 9 years ago. I was diagnosed with bi-polar illness in New York and did not get the proper treatment. I suffered a non-functional depression and could not work. I sat in a chair all day and stayed in bed the other times. When I first walked into his office, he asked me how I was feeling and I explained to him about my crippling depression. He knew exactly the right combination of meds to prescribe. I went for a follow-up visit a few weeks after and I was feeling like myself again. I suffered with bi-polar illness for approximately 40 years and Dr. Dodge A. Slagle was the only doctor that made me well again. For this I am truly grateful. I would highly recommend him. His mannerism is exceptional, as well as his knowledge. Because of him, today, I have been at my job for over 7 years, was able to write a book and continued with my singing.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012

excellent doctor! I love him to death. lol cant wait to get more help from him in the future.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

Please beware if you are a new patient trying to make an appt. with Dr. Slagle. It takes several months to secure an appt. if you're a new patient but that's not the issue. I scheduled my initial appt. which had to be scheduled 5 months out. After waiting 5 months, the office or doctor cancelled my appt. the week before the appt. was to take place. I understand that things happen but I called 3x and talked with 3 people, which could not reschedule me in a timely manner but said they would get back to me after talkng with Dr. Slagle to reschedule me. I never received a returned phone call or even an apology when I called back. I think this was so negligent and even a bit cruel. Waiting five months for an appt., only to be blown off is beyond unprofessional. This doctor apparently can't handle any new patient load. I recommend finding another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2012

Tends to over medicate patients. Please beware! Am feeling much better once I have gone off most of my medicine under this doctor and started seeing another psychiatrist. Was having way too many physical side effects which he was not too concerned about. A second and third opinion disagreed with his use of medication, and I have never felt so clear headed and healthy since I quit following his medication plan!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2011

I have been with Dr. Slagle for a few years and have been getting much better than before he became my doctor. He knows his drugs that when combined can do the job. He has me at a therapist level for my disease and I am able to function at a normal level. His staff have been very helpful but of course everybody can do better. My main focus of course is Dr. Slagle and he has come through for me and my family. He's a really good doctor!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

I found him to be very intelligent as well as caring. For a psychiatrist, a pretty normal guy.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2010

Dr. Slagle is a knowledgeable professional. H is very good at diagnosing and helping find the appropriate meds for anxiety and depression. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2010

Dr. Slagle is a very caring and talented human being. If you aren't honest with him, he can be tough, which is a good thing. He helped me save my life. He is in my top 5 "most important people" in my life.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2010

Dr. Dodge A. Slagle's Credentials

• Ohio University Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1985)