Ratings for Dr. Bernard L. Hertzman

Dr. Hurtzman inserted a 10in stint in me after breaking up a 4mm kidney stone so it could pass. His behavior was irratic & scary. He was upset that the medical doctor had not given me the pain medication I desperately needed over the weekend while Dr Hurtzman was off. I thought 'great doctor'. Next morning after I battled a severe bought of pain in the night, Dr Hurtzman woke me from a dead sleep at 7am and when I told him of the episode he acted like a wild person! Started yelling at me that what more did I expect them to do? He stomped out of my room ranting that he was just going to put me in a nursing home for the remainder of the 2 weeks till the stint would be removed! I was crying and in pain and scared. The nurse came back and assured me sometimes Dr Kurtzman can be 'dramatic' not to worry. I worry for his future patients and that he is removing my stint next week. Day of discharge (next day after acting so crazy) he came in nice as could be like nothing ever happened.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2011

Been my urologist for over 10 years and always professional, prompt and - most importantly - right!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

My mother was referred to Dr. Hurtzman because of cancer on her kidney. she was told she would have a small incision on her side and minimal healing time. This doctor ( after commenting on her weight, several times) took her into surgery and proceeded to give her an incision that was halfway across her upper belly and then came down in an L shape. He said later that it was because he had to go through the FAT. ( if he would have cut where he was so posed to there would not have been any fat). Resulting in my mother having to go though the same surgery again to fix a herniated muscle that resulted from him making the cut to close to her ribs, when the cut was so posed to be on her side in the first place. ( confirmation was made by another surgeon that the incision was in the wrong place, way to big and to high on her belly)

flag | Submitted October 7, 2010

Dr. Bernard L. Hertzman's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)