You may also like

Rate Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi's Ratings

Much like a horrible boyfriend, I would love to broadcast far and wide that no one should ever see this doctor. I have never been treated so rudely and with so little compassion in my life. A radiologist report stated that I had a deviated septum, Dr. Bounasissi said the radiologist was wrong and when I teared up (debilitating face pain for 8 years at that point) he said that I obviously have psychological problems and should get on medication; even if it didn't make the pain go away, I wouldn't care as much.

I since found a doctor who actually knows how to do his job. A simple 40 minute surgery and I no longer have face pain and repeated sinus infections. Dr. Moshaver changed my life. Dr. Bounasissi made it significantly harder. I had just about given up until a friend was raving about Dr. Moshaver, I am so glad I found him and had my faith in doctors restored. Dr. Bounasissi should not practice medicine. Perhaps a research job would be more appropriate, if I thought he had the understanding to succeed. Something far distant from people, in any case.

Most of the reviews seem to be positive, and those from plastic surgery patients. Maybe it's the money that makes the difference or maybe he's smartened up in the years since I saw him, who knows. I would honestly try to perform surgery on myself before trusting this man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2908691].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2015

Honestly I don't write many reviews but I just had to write this one because I had the best experience I could've possibly had with a surgery. The staff were super sweet, smiling, helpful, they joke around with you, answer all your questions, hold your hand if you're scared.

And the doctor is very talented himself. I had local anesthesia and I was aware of what was going on but I just kept my eyes closed and it seemed like it was over in 10 minutes. No pain after surgery, minor swelling currently on day 2.

The only pain I really felt was the shots for the IV and numbing of the nose, but other than that, I would do this over again 348438 times because it is so worth it!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2892857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2015

Dr. Tomas J Buonassisi! where to start? Hes and amazing doctor. He is very polite knowledgeable and his skills as a surgeon are amazing. I had a Rhinoplasty done and the final out come is better then anything I thought was possible. From the moment I walked through the door for that first consultation to the very last checkup Dr. B and his team at 8 west medical have been nothing was professional. As an individual I tend to worry a lot, I always need to know what can happen, what are the worst case possibilities and what are the chances/ odds of that occurring to me. Dr. B gave me solid information and showed me concrete evidence of what is possible and what is realistic in my surgery. Key bits of information I needed to move forwards with the operation.

So about the operation, I went under full sedation, and when I woke I couldn't feel and thing. The operation was over and I was ready to go home. My recovery process was fast and I barley had any pain. The first week was tough to sleep but that was because of the nose splints. Id say my recovery process was the same as anyone else's. Just google it haha.

I guess the last thing I wanna say is Dr. B thank you! You and your team are fantastic and you have given me a new look on life(both literally and metaphorically). I am very happy I made the decision to work with you and your team, and I would recommend you to anyone and everyone. :)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2890072].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2015

I went to Dr. Buonassisi for Eye Lid - Lower Transconj surgery. This was such a successful surgery! I couldn't be more happy. My under eye puffy bags are completely gone. In case you didn't know this surgery is when the Doctor removes the fat from under your eyes so you don't have that puffy tired look.

Dr.B also cauterized some blood vessels making my dark eye circles fade a lot. This surgery was just for fixing puffy eyes. Usually there is not much you can do for dark eye circles but Dr.B ended up making that better too. :)

I've always had dark eye circles since I was a child and in my late twenties I started to get puffy under eyes. It really got me down because I dealt with the tired dark eye circles all my life and then all the sudden I got puffy bags at 30! I researched for a couple years on the best Vancouver surgeons for baggy eyes and found Dr. Buonassisi. His reviews were really great and I booked the appointment. From the moment I booked the appointment to the day of my surgery Dr. Buonassisi and staff were super friendly, comforting, positive and over all very professional. The results were so great!!! After the surgery I was a little out of it from the meds but I had little pain. I had to take a week of of work because of the bruising and dry eyes. After 2 weeks the bruising went away, I felt normal and people were noticing my fresh face. If I could, I would give Dr. B and staff at 8west 6 stars because he helped lighten up my dark eye circles. If you are thinking of getting rid of puffy under eyes I highly recommend Dr. Buonassisi at 8West.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2830207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

I went to Dr. Buonassisi for my Rhinoplasty surgery (hump reduction and tip rotation) and I couldn't have been more impressed! I spent months researching and meeting with different cosmetic surgeons before I made my final decision. Dr. B and his staff were very knowledgeable, kind, and answered all of my questions thoroughly. I am the type of person who is scared at the sight of a needle and they made the whole procedure effortless and comfortable. Currently I am at 2 weeks post-op and I love my new nose.. It suits me and is exactly what was promised!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2795105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

I had my eye lid surgery almost 2 years ago .3 month later he corrected one my eye lid but still doesn't look right. The second time they put me in the room and they left me there 15 min no check on me. If you not paying (2 nd time) you are not welcome this is how I felt. I WOULDN'T go back ever.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2775750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I’m a college student and I was very nervous about rhinoplasty, both because I was worried the outcome wouldn’t be what I’d hoped for, and because of what I thought people would say/think if they noticed. It’s been a few months since my surgery and those worries seem insignificant now. My nose looks absolutely great! I would definitely recommend 8West – everyone was caring, considerate and professional. My nose was always something that used to bug me; ever since elementary school it’s been a source of insecurity – but now it’s something I’m happy about, the surgery made such a positive difference. Everyday when I look in the mirror or see pictures of myself, I’m so glad I decided to get rhinoplasty with Dr. Buonassisi.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2744166].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

Absolutely recommend Dr. Bounassisi as a cosmetic surgeon! I had been thinking about rhinoplasty for a while since my nose had a large hump and droopy tip. Over the summer, I began looking for a surgeon and after doing my research on Dr. Bounassisi, I knew I had to book a consultation with him. His easy going nature calmed my nerves, and after looking at all the before and afters, being explained the risks, procedures, etc, and other information, I knew he was the surgeon to go with. I got the surgery dates I wanted, in late December. The surgery went smoothly and the recovery period has gone exceptionally well. Now, I'm 2 moths post-op and I'm in love with my new, reformed nose. It suits my face perfectly and I'm no longer conscious of my side profile. Deciding to have rhinoplasty done was a big decision for me and I'm glad I chose 8West. Dr. Bounassisi and his team were wonderful and I couldn't have made a better choice!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2739746].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

My friend had a fantastic experience with Tom. Highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2729719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2015

I saw Dr. Buonassisi regarding a facial procedure. He explained the procedure to me clearly and concisely. He did exactly what he said he would do and the results exceeded my expectations. Based on my experience, Dr. Buonassisi is an excellent physician. I have referred several friends to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2729708].votes_count ]]