Ratings for Dr. J. Van der Zweep

Dr van der Zweep is a very pleasant person. I had my cataract surgery performed by him. Listened to we and explained everything. He made me feel comfortable because I was a bit apprehensive . During the surgery he told me everything he was doing. Can highly recommend him. My wife will have done cataract surgery by him also.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

My surgeon was very professional, caring and thoroughly explained the procedure to me.  He made me feel completely at ease and exceeded my expectations by far! Thank you Dr. Van der Zweep for making this a great experience!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Dr Van der ZWEEP is an amazing doctor, very helpful, he knows what he is doing and explain to you everything about your eyes, he listen to you and he is very cool. I had my cataract surgery with him with an implanted lens with my both eyes , 2011 and 2012...I will recommend him to everybody....

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Dr. Van der Zweep is an amazing doctor and an excellent person. He explains EVERYTHING, he listens to all you have to say and answers every single question. I had two strabismus surgeries with him (adult) and after the first one didn't return the results I wanted, he accepted responsibility and immediately offered to do another operation which I accepted. Now after the second one, my problem is solved and I am oh so full of joy! The appointments at GEM Clinic are usually pretty far behind, but he always apologises for the wait. His staff are nice and friendly, but a little disorganized, you need to follow up with them to make sure things are done.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Dr. van der Zweep performed my cataract surgery. Procedure described in detail. Surgery on time. No pain. Thrilled with outcome: 20/20 vision in eye (with implanted lens). Excellent caring physician.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

Our son was referred to Dr. Vanderzweep from the Children's ER. He had buldging of the eye, loss of vision and and swollen eye lid. Dr. Vanderzweep immediately admitted him back to the ER where our son was hospitalized for 4 days and put on viral and bacterial antibiotics, along with steroids. It was determined that he "most likely" had a condition known as "orbital pseudotumor". A very rare condition, especially among children. The care Dr. Vanderzweep provided our son and direction he gave to all the specialists involved in our son's case was amazing. Dr Vanderzweep even came in on the weekend to the Hospital to see how our son was doing with the treatment to see if any additional care/change was required. Dr Vanderzweep answered any and all of our questions and we cannot thank him enough for all he has done. Our son has since made almost a full recovery and we are confident that he will ensure our son will always receive the best care possible if his condition returns. Thank-you.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

I just got my Lasik eye surgery done by Dr. Van der Zweep at Lasik MD on Friday, November 30/12. He was amazing! He was extremely helpful, I was nervous and he helped me stay calm. He was extremely knowledgeable and answered every question I had. He walked me through what would be happening before the surgery. During the surgery he told me everything I should be feeling and everything he was doing. It is now December 2/12, I went for my follow- up yesterday and my eyes are doing well and I am already seeing 20/20 for the most part (when your eyes get dry vision gets blurry). My only complaint is I was waiting around a lot on my surgery day and even more on the day of my consult. For the most part I found all the staff friendly and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2012

Dr. Van der sweep us awesome. As he did my eye LASIK surgery. He explained ever single step I was going through during the procedure without missing a beat. It was like he was right beside me seeing what I was seeing and experiencing what I was experiencing. The LASIK staff are friendly , knowledgable and easy to talk too.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

Dr. Van der Zweep spent considerable time explaining Cataract Surgery and the probable outcome I would experience (age 74) as well as describing what sensations I would feel during the operation. Maybe he overprepared me because I expected at least some pain. There was none. The first operation was done 3 days before Easter and the last thing he did was give me his private cell phone number in case I needed any help over the long weekend. Needless to say I did not need it. I have since had the other eye done. The results are far better than I expected, just unbelievable. If you are on the fence about getting eye surgery I urge you to consult with Dr. Van der Zweep. You wont get a sales pitch and his staff are excellent and show respect for all patients. You can get a free consultation from him at 894-2020. Your vision is priceless. Alda.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

DOCTOR vANdER zWEEP AS PERFORm cataract in my left eye ,,my vision is coming along fine, He is a very pleasant Dr.and very polite i give him a 10 from Ross dubois St pierre,MB very knowledgelable

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012