Ratings for Dr. Abdurrazag Mutat

At first I was not impressed with Dr Mutat’s bedside manner. We kind of had an issue because I was on morphine tablets for pain and he suggested I was better off without it. After some time I did wean myself of morphine and my experience improved. Eventually surgery was set and my spine was fused. I am 6 weeks post op and doing well, so overall I would rate Dr Mutat as an excellent surgeon and am happpy that I was referred to him. Debbie was a pleasure throughout the whole time I was a patient and always helped me whenever I needed it. Thank you both very much.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

My diagnosis was extremely scary and unexpected but Dr Mutat took the time to explain everything and alleviate my fears. He answered all my questions simply and clearly and ensured that I understood. The surgery went perfectly and I couldn't be happier. After 10 years of declining mobility and no diagnosis I now feel as if I have my life back. Debbie was amazing....answering or referring questions with patience. Thanks to the pair.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

Words cannot express how amazing Dr. Mutat and Debbie are. They are indeed an amazing team. Very caring, very professional, knowledgeable, excellent communication, scheduling and planning, and I am most impressed with their honest and direct approach to care. For us with back and nerve pain, we don’t need to beat around the bush, we need to know our options and Dr. Mutat was clear and concise. From the referral to consultation to surgery to post-surgery follow-up, less than six months! Thank you so much for taking care of me!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2018

If you're mangled in a car-wreck he'll probably be of use to you. But if you've had long-standing back or neck pain, be prepared for the worst because he has no sympathy or understanding for you whatsoever. He will play on your fears and will not prescribe anything beyond Tylenol, no matter what. He cares more about horses than people.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

Dr Mutat is an excellent neurosurgeon. He took time to explain my procedure to me and took my complaints seriously. Post-operativly I have zero back pain, which seems miraculous after so many years of pain and limited mobility. As with most doctors today he sometimes felt like he was in a hurry so I didn't take the time I might have to ask questions. It would have been nice to have received a call from him post-op to hear how he felt things went. Having said that, his receptionist, Debbie, is extremely knowledgeable and answered all my questions. She is amazing... caring, thoughtful, always pleasant, even when under pressure. I can't say enough about her. She is a great complement to Dr. Mutat.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

This surgeon has the worst possible receptionist. She is incapable of making appointment times and actually letting patients know information about their surgeries when she should. This Dr. Is knowledgable and talented as a surgeon but his bedside manner is absolutely awful, he had not even the slightest bit of empathy and actually said "they pay me the big bucks to be the BAD GUY"

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

Instilled total confidence in my procedure. My procedure was minor but attention to detail was excellent. Thank You Dr. Mutat.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

I am so greatful to have such a great surgeon in my life- he performed brain surgery on me. He is compassionate, patient and took the time to explain everything in detail to myself and again took the time to speak with my family despite the busy schedule. I am greatful for your precious hands.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Dr Mutat is the best surgeon. He knows his stuff. Good man. I've had 2 back SURGERYS. One thru the throat. Then fused L3.4.5. In 2015. Aug. Long careful recovery. He's in high demand. Loving you Dr Mutat. And your awesome right hand receptionist. Karen E Yockey. Thank you so very much. Bless you richly.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

Been seeing him for over a year and have had no relief with my pain in my back since last June been told I would have surgery to correct some issues with my back all he has done is given me false hopes has back tracked on everything he has said I have had falls and in constant pain and he said to me I'm to high risk to do the surgery but has given me no options what to do and will not answer any of my questions does not care about the amount of pain I'm in he just has a huge ego and as far as I'm concerned does not care . Last thing he said to me before leaving is I will refer you to my colleague are you kidding me you should not be a doctor .

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017