Ratings for Dr. Bruce A. Harms

I have been sick and disabled for many years. I was told I had to remove my colon and have a bag. We went to Dr Harms for a 2nd opinion. He successfully removed my colon without the need for a bag. He is very talented, knowledgeable, upbeat, supportive and kind as is his PA Rochelle (spelling of her name is wrong). I feel better, stronger and less fatigued than I have for years (just 4 weeks after sugery)! I began my journey at UW-Health with GI Specialist, Dr Wald, who felt I needed this surgery and worked with Dr Harms. Dr Wald and his PA Monica were equally as wonderful! After years of trying to find a fictor thst coukd help me, I am SO thankful for UW-Health and these doctors.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr.Harms is a really great doctor. He preformed a couple of surgeries on me and they were a great success.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

Dr. Harms violated my patient rights by performing an unauthorized elective surgical procedure which resulted in injury. The VA Hospital has conceded to the error and have offered to settle.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

Dr. Harms is extremely knowledgeable and caring. His staff and attendings at UW Health were excellent. My recovery from UC has been complete and life is back to normal.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010

I had my colon removed by Dr. Harms in 1989 after having ulcerative colitis for 32 years. Of all the Dr.'s I have seen over my years he is one of the best. Since retiring to Az in 2002 I have seen two other specialist relating to the pouch and neither of them can hold a candle to Dr. Harms. I highly recommend him for this procedure.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2008

The major difference between the “care” provided by Dr. Harms and being knifed repeatedly and randomly in the abdomen in a dark alley – is that the experience in the alley is likely to cost you only your wallet and watch – whereas Dr. Harms charges considerably more. Not only was the recovery process from Dr. Harms unsuccessful surgery attempt long and excruciating the Swiss-cheese like state the muscle wall of the abdomen was left in ensured further complications for later, more competent, surgeons.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2007

Dr. Bruce A. Harms's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)