Ratings for Dr. Gerald I. Busch

I am never able to reach this Dr! My pharmacy has the same issue so my meds are not filled! This is an issue that directly affects my health! Leanne RN for 25 years.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

All these people complaining about Dr. Busch are just wrong! You think because you are under the care of a doctor that you don't have to try hard yourself to be better? Take on some of your faults. You are ultimately responsible for your health. You don't want to "be on" Suboxone? Taper off and quit. That's how it's done. If he prescribed less to make you taper you'd be bitching about that! Suboxone is an awesome medication but you won't just wake up one day and magically not need it. It is all of you dimwits that are the drag on his staff and time. Bunch of junkies up there trying to play the system. Give me a freaking break already!!!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

I absolutely love Dr. Busch and his staff, my son & I have been going to see him for years now! He really cares about his patients and their well-being and goes out of his way to check on his patients and make sure the medicine he prescribes is actually helping them! I remember last year I was battling a bout of depression pretty severe and I broke down in his office while I was in the room with him and he was really concerned about me he immediately changed my depression medicine and told me to go straight to the hospital if I started feeling worse. One of the reasons I know Dr. Busch cares is because he actually called me over the weekend to make sure I was doing better and sent me a email expressing his concern....Not many doctors would have taken time out of their own weekend to check on a patient like Dr Busch did, and for that I am very THANKFUL! I agree that sometimes your appointments do take some time, but that's only because Dr Busch is such a great doctor and he spends adequate time with all his patients! Also I have to give the girls in the front prop's I've seen a lot of negative reviews about them on here but I personally think they handle the office the best they can....I mean, Dr Busch does have a lot of patients and most of us are very demanding and have no patience at all so just imagine if you where them and receiving 300-400 phone calls a day requesting different things....they are ONLY human and there is only 24 hours in a day and only 8-9 hours of that day they spend working and there is ONLY SO MUCH THEY CAN DO IN THAT TIME FRAME! So c'mon people you should try to be a little more patient and realize you are NOT Dr. Busch's only patient. They will get to you when they have a chance but I don't think calling back to back is the way to handle it because the way I see it if the girls are busy all day answering phones then how do you expect them to actually get any real work done such as a pre-authorization or anything else you need them to do! I would highly recommend Dr. Busch to anyone looking for a psychiatrist that cares about you!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

I have been seeing Dr.Busch since 2008, with the help of he and his wonderful staff, I can actually have a life that I can enjoy, instead of being in misery, and no one understood my problem. Thanks to all of the staff especially Jessica and of course Dr. Busch, I honestly don't know if I would still have my family, my home, or I might not be here to write this. Thanks for saving my life and giving joy back into it 😊

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

This doctors office is freaking ridiculous no courtesy call from the staff that the docter will not be in because he's on vacation. An to top it off they don't answer any calls I've been calling all morning and the lady said they have been busy so they could not answer so to prove a point that they just don't wanna work I called the doctors office while sitting there for almost 20 mins with no one picking up and all I get is some prescriptions give to me for the next 3 months. This office is very unprofessional and it seems this docter an his staff have no regard for his patients.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Dr. Busch should LOOSE HIS LICENCE A G A I N AND NEVER GET IT BACK THIS TIME. He clearly refused to prescribe LESS drugs as I was detoxing ... Providing me with hundreds of extra pills which I eventually relapsed on as he had planned which kept him sucking money from me, my insurance and just downright keeping me hooked on drugs while I was there solely to GET OFF drugs. THIS DR. DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU .... HE CARES ABOUT YOUR ABILITY TO MAKE HIM M O N E Y ! He spent all of 5 minutes with me ... Billing for a 30 minute visit.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2014

Dr.Busch is most likely using his own drugs. He is nothing bgalized drug dealer and addiction feeder. Can u say $$$. Its practically takes a act of God to get out of hold and make a appointment. Then if u ur not a attractive women or not rich he makes u wait in the break room for a hour to 2 hours for a ahole five minute appointment. When he ask u a ? And u go 2 answer he just cuts u off and keeps on writing. This is the kind of doctor that's destroying r health and insurance system. Just another doctor lining his pockets with r hard earned money. Be very careful before u pick this doctor. Ur life may depend on it!!!!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

This doctor is nothing but a quack and all about money. After seeing my husband since 2007 we got his records sent over to another doctor and there was NOTHING in his file that gave any information of why he was on the meds he was on and what he was diagnosed with. He gets his patients hooked on Suboxone and his office is a joke to deal with to get refills. MULTIPLE times they have messed up calling in my husbands refill right before the weekend and he's left to detox off Suboxone all weekend. There is no doctor on call after hours and if you have an emergency you are referred to the hospital. It shouldn't be up to the patient to constantly stay on top of the nurses and doctor to do their job!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

This DR. prescribes Suboxone like candy! Trying to get our son off of opiates only to have this quack get him addicted to suboxone. Did not keep our son and watch him the first time he used the medicine. Let him drive home??????Son moved out of state and low and behold Dr. Bush. prescribes medicine by mail without ever evaluating. You got $$$$$You get drugs!!!!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2012

How do I start? I saw some comments on here that said Dr Busch was aewsom...are we seeing the same dr? The only time my kids have seen Dr Busch is in the hospital and then he is herding them through like cattle. We saw John then Lisa then back to John. Nurse practitioners. Didn't like Cindy. Too dry and well just dry. Now John is gone. My kids were release from hospital almost a month ago. No follow up visit. Next appt not until september. Who does this?I had to complain to the hospital director because my kids were released too soon and just as sick as when I brought them in. I took off work to get there early to speak to him. He showed up late then said he to go to court. I had waited almost an hour. Increased his meds which made him worse. I have had it! The staff has gotten better but they are clueless. Busch is never around. They are rude to my kids if I'm not in there and I will get out of the car and go in and ask them why they are being rude. Going elsewhere!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

Dr. Gerald I. Busch's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1981)