Ratings for Dr. Donavon D. Teel

Surgery-wise there were no complications. I wanted the Sleeve but he refused & was adamant that I get RNY. After surgery there is no patient support component to the program. Dr. Teel was short with me at follow ups & one appt. he didn't even show up...only his physician assistant did after I waited over an hour. He didn't even check on me the day after surgery...his partner discharged me. I had horrible pain during the night of surgery, he didn't order pain meds, & the nurses were to afraid to call him. I suffered in excruciating pain all night.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

Dr. Teel was great fro before and during, and directly after surgery. But now 23 months after my surgery he is very short and very distracted with the computer during my appt which I waited for two hours to be seen! Very disappointed. All the staff seems new, young and impatient as well. I would prefer to do my follow up care of my lab work with my family Dr. Who always has time for me. This appt was the only time I had bad blood work I've lost 93 pounds and kept it off!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Not impressed with attitude after surgery very short

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

Dr. Teel was very thorough in every aspect. He did my wife's and my surgery about 14 to 16 months ago, and we have had ZERO complications. He has the patients best interst in mind at all times. The staff was excellent in all attributes. I went from 287lbs to 180, and my wife has lost over 100lbs and feels great. We never had any nutrition related problems etc. due to the fact we did everything according to Dr. Teel's plan. A+

flag | Submitted October 15, 2010

DR. Teel is a WONDERFUL, SKILLFUL and CARING doctor. I recommend him without reservation! He did lapband surgery 3 years ago. I lost 115 pounds, and have kept it off!!! He is there for you every step of your journey.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

He's great, he saved my life. You couldn't ask for a better doctor. He's caring and very talented very good bedside manner. Just love him.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2007

Dr. Donavon D. Teel's Credentials

• Loma Linda University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)