Ratings for Dr. Stuart J. Fischbein

was ok- but why does this man expect women to look like Karen carpenter on her death bed??? first his scales are up by about 6 pounds and he also told me that I did not need birth control as I was in PERI menopause- its menopause nor peri- thank GOD I switched doctors and got on mini pill fast he expected me to be all starving looking while on depo provera 12 YEARS good luck with that

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

why would this man tell me that I no longet nd birth control because I am in PERImenopause??

flag | Submitted July 7, 2013

Do Not go to him. He is on suspension from the Ca Med Board. He has sexually, mentally and physically harmed many patients.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

Fantastic doctor, provides women with choices for their birth process. Does not pressure women into inductions or unnecessary cesarean sections. He collaborates with midwives and is a strong believer in informed consent and informed refusal. If I had to have my baby in the hospital there's no other OB I'd trust with my body or my baby.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2010

He is a good doctor and I respect him professionally but he needs to control his temper. He spoke to me very disrespectfully because I screamed during the birth of my child. I guess I must be the only woman he ever delivered who screamed while she was pushing her baby out. I think he realized he was out of line because afterwards he said to me "oh I didn't mean that" but he didn't say "I'm sorry". In the end I am just grateful to have a healthy baby but the way he spoke to me was inappropriate, especially since I had no pain medications for the birth.. He is a qualified doctor but he needs to work on his temper.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2009

He was the back up doctor for my two children (I used midwives). I wish he practiced closer. I found him to be respectful, frank, libertarian (he believes a woman has a right to choose where and how she births) and totally supportive of me through my pregnancies. THANKS Dr. F. You're awesome.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

I think Dr. Fischbein is the BEST dr. in the Los Angeles area. I wish he had been able to deliver my 3rd. I think any woman would benefit from his extensive knowledge, and more importantly, his implicit faith in women to trust themselves and their bodies.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2009

I've been Dr. Fischbein's patient for over 15 year. And I still am. I feel very lucky to have him and that he delivered 4 of my kids. He SAVED my LIFE with my last pregnancy - I developed a sudden complication at birth of my last kid. Yes, he is handsome and caring. It is unfortunate that he got caught with one patient the way he did. He is a nice guy. Professionally, he is superb. Caring, empathetic, compassionate, knowledgeable. I've always recommended him and will do. He helped me through a tough decade. His humor lifted me like no other anti-depression drug would have. I trust him with my life. He is a good man and a great doctor indeed. My prayer is with Dr. Fischbein.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Delivered both of my children...he is the best! Always took the time to answer my questions and put my mind at ease. I have since moved, but wish I still had Dr. Fischbein for a doctor.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

Dr. Fischbein was my doctor for over 15 years until I recently moved away. He delivered both of my children (1998 and 2002) and both times, he was extremely professional and caring. Dr. Fischbein is the "tell it like it is" type. And if you can't appreciate it, then maybe he's not the doctor for you. But I appreciated his frankness when I overreacted about symptoms of pregnancy. EVERYONE has had a lapse in judgment at one time or another. He's not a deviant. He is an excellent doctor and a good person. I would still recommend him to anyone who needs a great OB.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2008

Dr. Stuart J. Fischbein's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1982)

Assurant