Ratings for Dr. Ricardo Rendon

After being advised by two urologists that my left kidney would have to be removed, I met with Dr. Rendon in May 2017. Following a review of my scans he advised that he could undertake a partial nephrectomy to remove the cancerous tumor from the center of the kidney. I found Dr. Rendon to be very professional, caring, reassuring and responsive to my many questions. He fully explained the challenges of the surgery (including that full removal of the kidney could still be the end-result once he got inside the kidney) and clearly detailed the post-surgery complication risks. His experience, confidence, truthfulness and assurance made all the difference – knew that if I was to have any chance to save the kidney – he was the surgeon who could do it. I underwent an open partial nephrectomy in July 2017. The outcome was excellent with 65% of the kidney saved; the kidney function is good and the surgical incision on my backside small at 4 inches. Dr. Rendon’s surgical skill and care were excellent. My post-surgery follow up went very well. It is now one year since my surgery and I am doing great. Thank you to Dr. Rendon, his team of residents and his wonderful assistant Amy.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

Spent 9 hours in same day surgery, 70 year old diabetic fasting 26 hours at that point. Have yet to meet Dr. Rendon. Realize it's a teaching hospital but apparently don't teach communications No one spoke to my wife. Resident spoke to me on phone in recovery room. Still not certain of my diagnosis as he did not repeat biopsy that my urologist performed. Dismissive and arrogant resident. You wouldn't treat a pet this badly. Complete gong show. Bill Long, Antigonish Nova Scotia

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Cant say enough about Dr. Rendon....Kind...Funny...Straight shooter...And very very good at his profession...Thanx Dude for everything.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

Had major surgery with Dr. Rendon for a mass in my kidney and it went better than expected. I recovered quick and he got it all! He is extremely busy, but he's the best at what he does. You need to have some patience with his staff as they seem to be overloaded, but they still get you in for an appointment really quick when needed and take care of you.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Dr. Rendon performed a complex surgery on me. It did it laparoscopically. I am healing without side effects. Thank you for what you do.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2018

A few years ago, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer which was monitored for several years before it became necessary to have the prostate removed. Just over one year ago Dr. Rendon performed a nerve sparing prostatectomy surgery. Both Dr. Rendon and his staff were very helpful and knowledgeable, helping me get through a rather stressful period in my life. The operation went very well and now one year later I am very close to being physically back to 100% of where I was in all respects, before being diagnosed with prostate cancer. We are very fortunate to have world class surgeons available and would like to thank Dr. Rendon and the hospital staff.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

After having prostate cancer and surgery, I can only say Dr. Rendon and his staff have been absolutely fantastic and I cannot imaginehow they could have been better in any aspect of diagnoses, treatment, surgery, and management. A huge THANK YOU!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

This doctor and his staff are horrible. If his office is ever even open you just get a recording saying message box is full. Maybe you should hire more staff. Do yourself a big favour and go somewhere else. Someone with less experience and a scrap of caring is probably going to be better than this never to be found horrible doctor.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

World class physician , I am greatful for having him Perform my partial nephrwctomy last last year and that I'm clear . I like his approach and his team .

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

I was diagnosed with right Kidney cancer tumor on March 23,2017... Was told operation within 2 - 3 months... Was booked for July 11 .. July 10 at 2:30 pm I was bumped.... I called the office and left a message to call me back , that was a week ago.. nothing.... It is now 4 months , I feel as long as he has money coming in.. People's lives don't matter to him or the staff... Feel let down :-(

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017