Ratings for Dr. Ricardo Rendon

I was diagnosed with right Kidney cancer tumor on March 23,2017... Was told operation within 2 - 3 months... Was booked for July 11 .. July 10 at 2:30 pm I was bumped.... I called the office and left a message to call me back , that was a week ago.. nothing.... It is now 4 months , I feel as long as he has money coming in.. People's lives don't matter to him or the staff... Feel let down :-(

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

My brother in Law who has been diagnosed with kidney cancer, saw this man two weeks ago and was given some hope that surgery would be an option. He had MRI the following day and was told to contact his office on Tuesday and they would figure out date for surgery. That was two weeks ago and have yet to hear from him. Have called his office numerous times and no one has called us back. That is the worse practice of medicine I have ever heard of!! I would in the medical field and have never heard of such bad practice. If he has staff they just ignore the messages or just don't care. If there were another option I would definitely choose someone else to do surgery. These are human beings who are scared out of their mind that they are going to lose they love one and no one in this place has the decency to call them and either give them a message that the doctor is away or that he will call them. Shame on them for playing with someone like that!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Follow up was supposed to be within a year but ended up to be three years. When I finally saw him it was reassuring he seemed pleased my PSA was non detectable. He was insistent for me to see a colleague to correct an issue doe to my surgery.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I suppose dr Rendon is an ok surgeon but after I had a partial nephrectomy with complications I never saw him again. It is impossible to get a hold of him if anything goes wrong you are completely on your own. You can try running back and forth to emergency and cross your fingers a resident takes pity on you. It takes a minimum 2 days to get a call back if his office even happens to be open. It will leave you depressed and feeling worthless to know that nobody gives 2 shots if you live or die in his care. I understand he is busy but perhaps you need to consider taking less cases on for the good of everyone when your level of care descends to this level. I for one would gladly have gone to another surgeon had i known How awful this experience would turn out to be. You are not worth a sentence of this man's time.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

Have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Rendon and his residents. He was in to see me at the end of each day that I was in the hospital following surgery. Always gave straight forward and direct answers to any question I asked. I had no problem with his bedside manner at all. I think his office staff might make more of an effort to return a phone call in a timely fashion.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

Excellent Dr., appalling bedside manner. He is good at what he does, and has no problem telling you that. Very arrogant. Patiences need a kind word, a sympathetic ear, and some who will hear them. I would recommend this Dr. based on skill set only. I was never made to feel important at all, just a business transaction.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Awesome Doctor . I would recommend him to everyone.... He Saved My Life.... God Bless Dr. Ricardo Rendon

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Excellent, top of his field, did a great job in diagnoses, surgery and follow up procedures in dealing with my cancer. A true life saver.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Never did a " after a year" checkup with hubby.. He had initially said he would be calling after six months from my husband's prostate cancer surgery.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

From beginning to end, the experience was exceptional for my husband Scott and I. Amy was kind and supportive, Dr. Rendon performed a very complex but successful surgery, the efficiency and professionalism at the Victoria General was above and beyond. Feeling very blessed and grateful. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015