Ratings for Dr. Edward Barui

I cannot say a bad word about this man. So professional in every way and much better bedside manner than I have ever found in another specialist. I always thought I would need to go to Brisbane to find someone to treat my hip but that is not the case. I spoke to many friends before I made the decision to see Dr Barui and they all said the same thing. A really nice bloke. His treating rooms are easy to find and everything is explained. 5 stars from me!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2019

I had been struggling to do the housework with my knees and my doctor said it was time to do something. I was sent to see Dr Eddie and I am thankful for this. He took into account the fact that I care for my husband who is older than me and he helped to organise the rehabilitation unit at St. Vincents Hospotal after my surgery. He was also happy to do my surgery at a time that fitted in with when my daughter could get time off to look after my husband. I found him very easy to talk to and he spoke to my in words that made it easy for me to understand what he was going to do to my knee. Choice of two places given to have my operation and I chose St Vincents as it is close for my daughter to bring my husband to visist. Dr Eddie saw me every day in the hospital and then I saw him again another good few times until he told me that I didn't need another review with him for five years. His office is easy to find and office ladies are friendly. Simply top notch with everything Thank you Dr Eddie

flag | Submitted September 28, 2019

A relief to be told I had other options rather than an operation. Very informative

flag | Submitted September 10, 2019

Could not be happier with my surgery and result. Great doctor and helpful reception staff.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2019

I cannot recommend Dr Barui highly enough, he was recommended to me by another local surgeon who didn’t specialise in my particular injury. He is very knowledgeable, professional, informative and compassionate. A huge bonus is he’s probably one of the only doctors I have visited who actually runs on time! There’s nothing worse than waiting around in a doctor’s surgery because they are running late and you’ve got to get back to work but with Dr Barui this was never an issue. Fantastic surgeon, nice guy and great staff.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2019

I came from 5 hours away to see him. Staff helped me make a time that suited me. Appointment was much longer than any Dr I have seen before. Time taken to really listen to my issue. Very caring. I would certainly recommend.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2019

Very pleasant man, explained everything well and was very professional. His office staff were very friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2019

Dr Barui listened to my story, explained the situation & the process. He is a caring & professional gentleman & surgeon. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2019

Had consult re acl reconstruction. Seemed like a nice guy until I Asked him to fill out “drs section” of insurance claim. Was like someone flicked a switch. He suggested I’m wasting his time.Was told by office staff he “wouldn’t participate in fraud” for me. Charged me over $150 just so I could give him some paper work he was going to charge an additional $100 to fill out “when he feels like it”. He wouldn’t confirm how long he was going to give me off work which left me in the dark and unable to inform my employer of what to expect. He mentioned I would be charged over $1000 to fill out a 1 or 2 page document for return to work duties that my employer would require. After seeing how much his temperament changed, and asking another surgery if that was common practice (they confirmed it certainly was not!) I decided to cancel surgery with him as I didn’t feel like someone that erratic would be a choice. Staff pretty rude too.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2019

He used to be a Gentleman and a great surgeon, now I fear he has adopted the stereotypical 'egotist surgeon' mentality. Now he just a great surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2019

Dr. Edward Barui's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• QLD (Grad. 1993)