Ratings for Dr. Norman S. Schomer

I've been seeing Dr. Schomer for years for an enlarged prostate and elevated PSA. I am very impressed that he is a conservative doctor and has not immediately recommended prostatectomy. He seems very level headed, and has treated me well.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2014

This is a physician who seems kind and then completely non responsive and rude. His MA although very sweet has gone so far in suggesting what medications to use. This is not legal! They have made mistakes on suggesting one medication and prescribing another without informing me. When I had the Doctor paged on one of these medications "he told me he was busy" and curtly told me he prescribed this different medication and hung up. I have to Catherine myself and have had numerous UTI infections. My last visit was to urgent care as I could not rely on this Doctor and they stopped returning my calls! Do not go to this Doctor!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

He received a radiologist report that a nodule was found in my lungs and the radiologist recommended a chest CT. He neglected to inform me of this report for 4 weeks and did not know until I informed him. After chest CT, radiologist recommended biopsy. Dr. Schomer offered to write a referral for "a guy up the road" but I told him I was moving to TX. He said I would not need a referral, just radiologist report. The TX pulmonologists said all they need is a phone call from his office. He is refusing to respond to my calls. All calls go straight to his office voicemail and they will not return my calls. If I have cancer, he has already cost me 6 weeks delay.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

Dr. Norman S. Schomer's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Kaiser-Permanente