Ratings for Dr. Janet W. Bowen

She is not right at all she needs to go she doesn't under stand no one at all do you guys agree

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

This doctor doesn't care about her patients. She made my condition much worse. An absolute lunatic who is extremely rude and lacks the knowledge that she needs to do her job. If you think anything of yourself, family, or friends stay far away from Dr. Janet Bowen from Cleveland Family Health. I BLAME MY HEARING LOSS ON JANET BOWEN. She also threatened to kick my son. He has Autism and she did not like the sounds that he was making. Again, she doesn't do things the right way and is very dangerous. I heard she's retiring soon. Too bad she doesn't just retire now. Another thing,,,all appointments take hours. I had a 3:30 once and was seen 4 hours later. The office staff goes home and just leaves her with each room occupied with patients waiting. When I needed this so called doctor the most is when she totally let me down. I guarantee if you go there you'll agree with me that she is nuts. In fact you'll know in the first 1 to 2 minutes that I was right.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

if you like waiting 4 hours to see someone who could care less then be my guest.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

Terrible doctor. Avoid her like the plague, unless you don't care about your health. It is one thing to make people wait, but then give them bad advice after two hours of waiting. The pocket dictionary of treatments and side effects is not the best resources available to a doctor. Clearly someone should have went with a different profession. Additionally she might want to prescribe herself some personality medicine, as she has no empathy or care.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2011

She thinks she knows it all. She doesn't. I think she had a brain injury that is clouding her decisions. She's a quack.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

I wouldn't trust my dog with this doctor. She is a quack and without her computer she couldn't diagnose a cold. Her staff is rude. I called and left several messages on her answering machine and got no return calls. When I finally got in to see her she called me a liar and said that I did NOT leave a message because her staff would have told her. I'll NEVER go back to her and I know MANY people who feel the same.

Submitted August 25, 2010

She was the only one accepting medicare in our area for my mother. I had transportation issues for my wheelchair bound mother and she didn't seem to care because we always had to wait a long time. She was very thorough but in our instance would not listen to me when I was telling her my mother had a fever and that the gangrene was spreading. The appointment was on Friday. On Monday we took my mother to the hospital and she was diagnosed with wet gangrene and had to have her toe amputated and surrounding tissue removed. Wish she had listened to me.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

DOCTOR BOWEN IS GREAT! My mom and Dad are on Medicare and it was hard to find a doc that would see them, Dr. Bowen not only agreed to see them but also is willing to spend time with them, she is very thorough. Even other Doctors comment on how thorough she is. Yes she does look at the computer but that is because she is making sure not to miss anything.She does have a quirky sense of humor. (maybe shes Candian.) WE LOVE HER AND HER STAF!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2008

She rarely took her eyes off the computer to actually look at me.i felt like she didn't take me, or my health, seriously.Was rude, and literally laughed in my face when asked for pain meication that works(for a chronic pain condition.I asked about additional tests, to see if there was more going on with my health than Fibromyalgia,and she asked me," Isn't Fibromyalgia enough for you?" I did not stay with her very long, considering that she made me feel as if I was somehow less than a decent person, just because my major concern was getting adequate pain relief,so I could function.I never felt comfortable talking to her,because she was so stand-offish towards me.

Submitted July 8, 2007

Dr. Janet W. Bowen's Credentials

• Univ Of Tn, Memphis, Coll Of Med, Memphis Tn 38163 (Grad. 1985)