Ratings for Dr. David R. Beswick

Saw Dr. Beswick for stomach problems. Did endo/ colonoscopy. Did not tell me diagnosis. Did not send letter to my PCP. Found out I had Cokitis from lab report hat was sent to my PCP. Would not explain anything, dismissed questions. Did not take my concerns seriously. Staff was rude as well. Would not seek him again.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

My wife saw him for her tremendous stomach pain. The doctor not only laughed about her condition, he dismissed her concerns as ridiculous because he couldn't properly diagnose her. He even has gone out of his way to keep her from seeking help elsewhere. If you want medical help DO NOT GO TO THIS "DOCTOR".

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr. Beswick treated me for 4 months running test after test with no diagnosis. I practically begged him to at least treat my Symptoms, even if there was no diagnosis. He refused. He prescribed one medicine that does not treat my symptoms- I asked him why & he said that I was right- I shouldn't take the medicine. I wrote a list of & we discussed concerns, & his office note reflected only a fraction of the issues. He accused me of having an eating disorder, when I was specifically seeing him for my concern about unintentional weight loss. He referred me to another specialist & refused to call my insurance when I said that wasn't covered, but they may if proven medically necessary.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Would never recommend this doctor. Not a good experience.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Not knowing the Delaware area, I selected Dr. Beswick randomly when my daughter became ill as a freshman at a local college. From scheduling to follow up, I was thoroughly impressed with Dr. Beswick and Gastroenterology Associates of Delaware. Ida answered my initial call, and hearing the anxiousness in my voice, promptly and with empathy and compassion scheduled the appointment. The wait was reasonable for a specialist. In addition to the medical expertise I felt with Dr. Beswick, he was thorough, extremely kind and personable and took the time to answer all of our questions and options. He applied his gut feeling about the illness based on years of field experience along with the clinical presentation of symptoms. I left that appointment with the comfort that my daughter was in good hands and receiving quality care. Dr. Beswick personally called back to follow up on the treatment and lab results. I'd highly recommend Dr. Beswick to anyone seeking quality gastro care in the Newark, Delaware area.

Submitted October 7, 2014

Cannot remember what he says from one minute to the next. Never seemed to address my concerns and doesn't seem to listen to me when i tell him my symptoms

flag | Submitted December 6, 2013

Staff is incompetent and rude, should consider other profession away from people

flag | Submitted February 14, 2012

I brought a list of symptoms which Dr. Beswick laughed at. His policy--as far as I could tell--is to do a colonoscopy and ask questions later--a procedure done in a facility which he owns shares in. He later blocked me from seeing other doctors in the practice. This man did nothing to address my concerns. All he did was prolong my suffering by scheduling an unnecessary invasive procedure for two months after my office visit. I'm thankful that I switched doctors.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

I had an appointment with Dr. Beswick to discuss some serious belly issues. After about 20 mins of explaining my story I said to him, are you listening to me? He went onto say that he was sorry but he was on his way on vacation, and his mind was elsewhere!! After he came back and did some tests, his office called and told me to eat more lettuce. I did this for about a year, until I found out I had Chrons disease from another doctor. I would never recomend Dr. Beswick, he can stay on vacation.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

considerate re cost of meds,pleasant and caring.explains procedures. very poleased with his care.

Submitted February 11, 2008

Dr. David R. Beswick's Credentials

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Top Hospitals in Newark, DE