Ratings for Dr. Ratna Ghosh

The Medical Council of New South Wales has considered it appropriate to impose the following conditions on Dr Ratna Ghosh’s registration under section 150(1)(b) of the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW) for the protection of the health and safety of any person or persons, or because it is satisfied that action is otherwise in the public interest. These conditions will have effect until the matter about the practitioner is disposed of, or the conditions are removed by the Medical Council of NSW. 1. Not to practise Medicine 2. To authorise and consent to any exchange of information between the Medical Council of NSW and Medicare Australia for the purpose of monitoring compliance with these conditions.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

Extremely abrupt and rude. Will cut you off from speaking and talk over the top of you if it’s something she doesn’t want to hear. Doesn’t care for your own opinion of things and makes you feel worthless. Would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

She saved our friend's 18 month son's life by diagnosing his intussusception promptly, and sending him to hospital, after the Pakistani butchers in Wallsend had missed the diagnosis. I wont be going to the Pakistani scam in Wallsend Medical Practice anymore, I will follow Dr Ghosh to Charlestown.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2018

Dr Ghosh was the only Australian trained and competent doctor at the Wallsend Medical Practice. Now that she has left, I will follow her to Charlestown and not see the very dodgy and incompetent Pakistani trained doctors and unregistered doctors there, getting illegal free lease from the Chemist next door, and charging rent to onsite pathology, when they don't pay any rent. I got a call from a Medicare Fraud investigator after seeing Dr Faisal Khan there, as he is under investigation for fraudulent over billing, getting VR by fraud by sitting alone and unsupervised in a chemist's shop for free in Clarence Town without passing any exams, and using unregistered and illegal doctors., billing in his name when he isn't there.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2017

Diagnosed my serious heart condition of atrial flutter and saved my life which my previous GP passed off as anxiety for one year

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I am Judith Elkin, a 71yo woman who was admitted to John Hunter Hospital on 28/12/05 in cardiac tamponade. Aspiration of the pericardial fluid showed cancer cells that were later found to have spread throughout my body, including my liver and kidneys. The cancer was so widespread, that the primary was unknown. I was sent to the Mater Hospital for palliative therapy and given 2 months to live. My GP Dr Ratna Ghosh took my photo to a Hindu Saint, Amma, and put holy ash from Amma on my forehead. Within weeks I was cured, without any surgery. Dr Ghosh did not charge anything for this service. I remain in remission to this day. I am a living miracle, thanks to my GP, Dr Ratna Ghosh

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

Very caring and extremely helpful with ongoing medical condition. Prepared to go that extra step to aid with recovery. On the ball with management of treatments and grateful to be taken on as a new patient. Thank you.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

WORSE place ever! avoid! on the 25th June 2012 i rang up THIRTEEN times trying to ask questions about my son who use to attend there about his immunisations he had as a baby on the first call the lady said come in and hung up i rang back and oh my gosh that is when the tirade started i tried to ask questions and make an appointment but nope the receptionist is the rudest person i can not even get 1 word in the language coming out of this receptionist mouth i would not want any one hearing i feel sorry if there is people able to listen to her! i will not be ringing back i am now trying to ring medicare and find out how i can lodge a complaint

flag | Submitted June 24, 2012

You make an appointment and 1 or more can have the same appointment time and day as yourself! If the appointment was at 3pm wouldnt get into atleast 4pm then when ever you get to see her she just rushes rushes rushes and doesnt listen and she is "old fashioned" and tells us we should only feed our 3 month old 120ml of formula we never listen to any of her advice any more even a chemist near her agrees she is "old fashioned" and not the best doctor around!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2007